Welcome back Kris Boyd

Just wait to see the media backlash against not just Boyd but Rangers as a club , christ they quote Burley as some type of Scotland legend , well that certainly wasn't my recollection of him , he was overrated , over hyped and he is well gone as should most of the SFA hangers on who only 2 months ago gave him their full backing .

What is required is a total overhaul of our entire game from kids ( 5,6 ) years old right through schools football to how we actually coach kids . The Largs Mafia which was set up by that arse Roxbourgh is a total sham which has never achieved anything ofote in all the years it has been around , sooner or later we will wake up to how badly we run football in this country and instead of critiscizing the kids actually realise how badly we have let them down

Totally agree with all of that and i hope the guy doing the audit on the game from the grass roots to prof football comes up wit that finding.

It isn't rocket science really , kids from a young age are being asked to train and play on pitches which quite frankly you would think we kept animals on , time after time games are called off at the last minute as piches are deemed unplayable , and the kids just get more and more fed up .

Why we dont move youth football to the summer months is beyond me the pitches are better the weather is generally better , well at least the rain is warm ,the light is better , seriously we are a back water and so stuck in our ways it's not true .

The approach to our professional game is just as bad watch any football at any level and you see the same stuff , players unable to do the basics well , very little appreciation of any positional play and very very little movement off the ball , our complete lack of ability in this field is what amazes me more than anything , year after year we watch small teams from very small leagues come over and completly pass us off the park , their movement off the ball is a joy to behold yet we never learn , why is a mystery and must be down to coaching , until we change this basic style of play we will never improve , but what do I know ,I never went to Largs !!!!!!

Just wait to see the media backlash against not just Boyd but Rangers as a club , christ they quote Burley as some type of Scotland legend , well that certainly wasn't my recollection of him , he was overrated , over hyped and he is well gone as should most of the SFA hangers on who only 2 months ago gave him their full backing .

What is required is a total overhaul of our entire game from kids ( 5,6 ) years old right through schools football to how we actually coach kids . The Largs Mafia which was set up by that arse Roxbourgh is a total sham which has never achieved anything ofote in all the years it has been around , sooner or later we will wake up to how badly we run football in this country and instead of critiscizing the kids actually realise how badly we have let them down

Roxburgh was indeed a pretentious arse and it seems to me his tenure was when Scottish football started sliding and it hasn't stopped since.

Roxburgh was indeed a pretentious arse and it seems to me his tenure was when Scottish football started sliding and it hasn't stopped since.

That era was my watershed moment with Scotland , we beat Cyprus at hamrden just McCoist and johnston the scorers in a 2-1 win , but they played us off the park .

We then had the debacle of Italy 1990 and we were truly shambolic , from the stories of the players having to behave like school kids having their tops tucked in and their socks all the same length's to having to play wee games and sing songs , it was more like a boys scouts outing than a serious football competition .

Yet where is this arse of a man , at the very heart of UEFA advising on all things football , you couldn't make it up if you tried :giruy::giruy:

Totally agree with the bit about the entire game needing changed. To be honest Britain as a whole needs to improve grass routes football. The government needs to spend money encouraging kids to play football again and to get the sufficient coaching. In Holland they have kids spending hours on ball skills from 4/5 years old. In our currently we put far too much emphasis on how big, strong and fast people are. Players who look good at 16/17 usually drift away. You get more credit for how hard you can kick a ball as opposed to taking a touch, looking up and playing the correct pass.

Harry Redknapp is also very correct about the 'xbox generation'. When I was a kid (I'm only 22 mind!), I was out every day after school playing football for hours. Now kids are spending all day on their state of the art ps3's and xbox 360's. Parents are also scared to let kids out these days.

In many foreign countries you have kids out all the time playing football and this puts us at a disadvantage.

As for Boyd, he's certainly worth having in the squad but against any half decent defence he often looks completely hopeless and he needs another player beside him, something Scotland can't really often afford to do. Scotland aren't exactly awash with talent at the moment though and Boyd would certainly be useful when the sorts of poorer sides like Latvia that Scotland can often struggle against.

Edited by Totti

It's amazing when you speak about changing kids football or about coaching , the vast majority of replies I get are , well it was ok for me or the kids are just lazy , what they dont realise is that it's not that we are lazy or less skillful it's just that every other country has moved on , we are stuck in the 50's , the sooner the powers that be realise this the better

It's amazing when you speak about changing kids football or about coaching , the vast majority of replies I get are , well it was ok for me or the kids are just lazy , what they dont realise is that it's not that we are lazy or less skillful it's just that every other country has moved on , we are stuck in the 50's , the sooner the powers that be realise this the better

I think they realise it OK. The problem is that it suits half of them perfectly, while the other half haven't a clue what to do about it. Cue the rut.

I think they realise it OK. The problem is that it suits half of them perfectly, while the other half haven't a clue what to do about it. Cue the rut.

Just a thought , but how the hell would you go about removing or at least changing the SFA higherarchy , the biggest and most corrupt quango ever , apart from Peat and Smith I dont know any of them

Just a thought , but how the hell would you go about removing or at least changing the SFA higherarchy , the biggest and most corrupt quango ever , apart from Peat and Smith I dont know any of them

Revolution usually requires a crisis to get it going. Personally, unless the tartan army morons get it into their heads that failure is not something to celebrate, I think the status quo is guaranteed. The only way I can see the SFA being forced to change is for reasonable men and women to desert the national game en masse and for a goodly period of time. So far the crisis is only real, it's not yet obvious.