Bougherra ??

In all fairness i would also want to see whittaker dropped. Pathetic defender and only plays well going forward the odd game.

His defending is atrocious. A defender who cannot tackle.

I would like to see a youngster get a change at left back. Sat is prob not the best game for it, but why not against a lesser team. Give whittaker the boot up the arse he needs.

I'm all for dropping Whittaker. I'd have done it over a month ago tbh. Not sure who I'd replace him with though. Bougherra would be my preference, but he's off to Africa in a few weeks time, so it's difficult to decide whether I'd play Bougherra at right back till he leaves for Africa or just get someone else in there right away.

I think Whittaker has bags of potential as a player & he's still young, but I'm not sure that defending is his place in a football team. It's probably the weakest area of his game, so it seems insane to persist with him as a defender.

Whittaker has never impressed me defensively as a right back, including for Hibs, and I always thought he was signed as a right winger. Will be good to get Broadfoot back in there but how long will it take him to hit his pre-injury form?

I thought this might be a good season for Whittaker as he started to play really well at the end of last season - especially going forward, but it's his ability that seems to have gone backwards this season, in defence and attack.

Bougherra.

Bougherra would offer as much, if not more, than Whittaker at RB but would also be far more solid defensively.

Can't argue with that, but we'll need another replacement in a few weeks time when he jets off to Africa. Not sure that Broadfoot will be fully back ready to play as soon as that.

Whittaker has never impressed me defensively as a right back, including for Hibs, and I always thought he was signed as a right winger. Will be good to get Broadfoot back in there but how long will it take him to hit his pre-injury form?

I thought this might be a good season for Whittaker as he started to play really well at the end of last season - especially going forward, but it's his ability that seems to have gone backwards this season, in defence and attack.

Whittaker isn't a terrible option to have for the left wing either. Better than Lafferty.

I said before Whittaker even signed for us that defensively his positional sense was terrible. I witnessed it first hanf when I saw Hibs play aberdeen at Easter Road on the opening day a couple of years ago.

I actually wouldn't mind seeing Whittaker play on the right hand side of a midfield 4 with Davis playing CM and Bougherra at RB. whittaker has the ability to play RM IMO and with Bougherra overlapping the two of them have the engine to get up and down to support each other - opposition wouldnt know who to cover and when.

But Whittaker playing at RB is a disaster waiting to happen every time we step on the pitch.

FWIW, Bougherra was quoted in the Sun as saying that he will not be heading to the ANC until after the OF game.

Ross Perry is due back in January,I think, he is playing regularly for Oxford although I'm not sure of his form, and is a couple of years older than Wilson, I don't think I'd play the two of them together,but having said that they have always played together for Rangers and Scotland

Just checked up on Perry Ian & he's only had 2 league starts + 4 appearances as a sub. Kinniburgh on the other hand has been getting regular starts for them at left back with 12 league starts which would have been 14 if not for being suspended for 2 games. They seem to have taken a liking to Kinniburgh judging from their official site.

http://www.oufc.co.uk/page/NewsHome/0,,10342,00.html

http://www.oufc.co.uk/page/ProfilesDetail/0,,10342~33498,00.html

Just checked up on Perry Ian & he's only had 2 league starts + 4 appearances as a sub. Kinniburgh on the other hand has been getting regular starts for them at left back with 12 league starts which would have been 14 if not for being suspended for 2 games. They seem to have taken a liking to Kinniburgh judging from their official site.

http://www.oufc.co.uk/page/NewsHome/0,,10342,00.html

http://www.oufc.co.uk/page/ProfilesDetail/0,,10342~33498,00.html

Cheers Zappa, doesn't mean to say he is not good enough, Wilson has came in and done a fantastic job