Wilson ignores move rumours

Rangers starlet Danny Wilson has shrugged off speculation linking him with a move away from Ibrox.

More...

Rangers starlet Danny Wilson has shrugged off speculation linking him with a move away from Ibrox.

The 17-year-old has been earning rave reviews after recently getting a run in the Rangers side due to the absence of Madjid Bougherra.

A number of English Premier League sides, including Tottenham, Arsenal and Manchester United, are thought to be monitoring Wilson's progress and could move to lure him away from Glasgow.

However, the talented central defender insists he is not thinking of the rumours and is focused on doing his best for Rangers

"It's not anything I take great notice of," said Wilson "It has nothing to do with me. I'm just young and trying to break in to the team.

"Anything to do with me moving away is out the question. At the moment, I am just trying to do my best for Rangers."

Edited by craig

Yeah, there is certainly a fair amount of interest in the lad but I'd be surprised if he wanted to move right now.

He's playing regularly beside one of the game's best tutors so it wouldn't make a great deal of sense for him to move to another club where he'd probably not play for another few years.

In my 3rd season in FM10 you're doing everything possible to get a move away from Rangers.

Oooohhhhh, I have it in my possession now but wont get back home till sunday night - wife wont see me all week after that !

And thankfully Frankie he seems to have the common sense to realise this. However, he may end up getting a mighty big PUSH to leave.

The good thing is we don't have to sell Wilson as much as we'd maybe like to sell one of our other high earners.

Also, with Bougherra at the lash and missing in January anyway, any move for Wilson is unlikely to be in January.

I can't see Wilson leaving only to be back in the reserves of a richer club. There's no way a English Prem club will buy him as a first team regular.

Right now he's getting a regular game for the biggest club he'll be able to do that for so why change. If a bid comes in, he may be tempted by the money but I'm sure it will be countered by a new contract for Rangers with a wage rise to that of a first team player.