Grantly Group ââ?¬â?? insolvencies, dissolutions and breaches of the Companies Acts

Suspicion is for cops, facts are for financial institutions, I have seen not one fact here or anywhere else, that says this whole charade is nothing more than gossip and people with overblown ideas of their own importance.

I don't understand where you are coming from yet tbh. What did you think of AJ's statement that the business plan is "unsatisfactory for the ambitions of Rangers FC" and what do you think the implcations are?

The statement is clear enough to me at any rate and was I believe echoed by Murray, Rangers have a facility as granted by the bank, as with all CEO's AJ would like a facility of his choosing, but the reality is what it is. Rangers as ascribed by Murray in an interview I have belatedly read, will simply at this moment in time have to operate within those financial parameters, or find outside funding.

One thing that I find hard to understand is the open hostility towards Murray, a man who has come through his personal tragedies and proved to be a winner, that is the template for the American hero, in the States he would be lauded for his achievements, but the British seem to have a problem with self made success, maybe that is part of the problem.

Edited by wabashcannonball

The statement is clear enough to me at any rate and was I believe echoed by Murray, Rangers have a facility as granted by the bank, as with all COE's AJ would like a facility of his choosing, but the reality is what it is. Rangers as ascribed by Murray in an interview I have belatedly read, will simply at this moment in time have to operate within those financial parameters, or find outside funding.

One thing that I find hard to understand is the open hostility towards Murray, a man who has come through his personal tragedies and proved to be a winner, that is the template for the American hero, in the States he would be lauded for his achievements, but the British seem to have a problem with self made success, maybe that is part of the problem.

OK mate, I am looking at the implications of the statements, you are interpreting things differently so we'll agree to differ.

On the Murray situation I'd say you simply need to allow for all shades of opinion. Most Rangers fans I know aren't openly hostile to Murray and several still think he's the man. I have less intrinsic hostility than many and I don't dismiss the good times as readily as some others. But in the end, he screwed it up and this situation has been in the post for quite a while so you can't blame people for having a go.

In my opinion, when the bank controls the major decisions within a club (i.e. whether it can buy or needs to sell players, which affects its ability to compete), it is effectively running it by constraining it. When the Chairman says that the business plan which has been imposed is "unsatisfactory" then I reach the same conclusion. Anything else is of B-grade importance in my eyes. The bank needs to get out of the club, that's the first positive thing that can happen.

More importantly, the conditions need to be created where the bank no longer has any interest in being involved. That would be good for Rangers and the bank. However it exactly came about, and there seem to be varying opinions about this, the fact is that basic financial weakness lies at the root of it and I see that as our challenge rather than the bank exerting influence over club affairs.

The statement is clear enough to me at any rate and was I believe echoed by Murray, Rangers have a facility as granted by the bank, as with all CEO's AJ would like a facility of his choosing, but the reality is what it is. Rangers as ascribed by Murray in an interview I have belatedly read, will simply at this moment in time have to operate within those financial parameters, or find outside funding.

I've no interest in his personal adversities or his success in business. As a Rangers fan the only issue for me has been his rank dishonesty and the fact that after twenty years he has left the club in far worse condition than he found it.

Unfortunately the only owner we have is David Murray and until something tangible appear to take his place, we'll have to lean on half-truths and speculation.

I've no interest in his personal adversities or his success in business. As a Rangers fan the only issue for me has been his rank dishonesty and the fact that after twenty years he has left the club in far worse condition than he found it.

Unfortunately the only owner we have is David Murray and until something tangible appear to take his place, we'll have to lean on half-truths and speculation.

That is a strong statement to make, do you have an example of this rank dishonesty, proven to be so.

There is only one club that I can think of that was not left in a worse state than it was found, that would be Celtic.

The EPL is about 5 billion dollars in debt, that bubble will burst, that level of debt is not sustainable, and worse it relies on the whims of outside interests. Football is reliant on everyone doing reasonably well, even now the EPL is being condemned as being in reality a 3/4 team league.

As for half truths and speculation, the only place I see that is in news reports or newspapers and to an extent sportsboards.

Suspicion is for cops, facts are for financial institutions, I have seen not one fact here or anywhere else, that says this whole charade is nothing more than gossip and people with overblown ideas of their own importance.

Other than the statements of people in the club. They are facts.

You haven't been able to come up with any more facts than that either, so what does that say about your suspicions?

Overblown importance? I'm a punter on a small messageboard. It doesn't get any less important than that. :D