Assembly to investigate ways of providing ownership scheme to fans..

The Assembly, the Association and the Trust have been working together for a few months now.

I don't think anyone will have a problem with that as long as is the case, we have openness and honesty from the outset. That's all people are asking for here - yet you'd think we were threatening people's families.

Most of the critisism of the fan ownership idea & in particular the RST leading the way with it that I've seen on the various forums has been constructive or at least posted without malice & that can only be a good thing. Ok, so there are some who aren't being constructive at all, but it's probably best to ignore that wherever possible.

That's what I don't get about the abuse we read today. It was totally unwarranted and didn't help anyone - least of all the Trust. :confused:

I don't think anyone was dismissing any potential investor (or fan group) - just asking valid questions about their suitability and what they are actually offering in terms of being the new owner. Anything less than that would be remiss of us given the future of our club is at stake - not to mention any financial investment we make into schemes. This goes for any potential buyer or anyone asking for our money.

I'm sure that if Mr Duffy is genuine in that regard he'll accept (and answer) the questions about his business background in good faith as I'm equally sure the people working with him in any alleged consortium will have done exactly the same.

The facts are Rangers FC is up for sale and the bank appear eager to expedite this. As such, we all want this sale to go through as soon as possible but not without ensuring we have a buyer and a plan that stands up to scrutiny. Our club has been built upon high standards and any buyer should be of that level.

I look forward to hearing more from the Trust and the Assembly in that regard as I retain a keen interest in ensuring the supporters play their part in any new era.

Just thinking aloud here, but it looks to me from this announcement that the Assembly are stepping into the picture at a time when the RST are having some PR difficulties & that they may in fact not be working separately from the RST, but with them. Perhaps some people have realised that an RST spearheaded fan ownership model is likely to fail & that it's got more chance of success if spearheaded (at least in terms of PR with the fans) by the Assembly?

Not quite sure what to think tbh.

The RST do have PR issues, and I'm not talking about the ructions of the past couple of days. There is a large section of the support who view it in a negative manner, and I'm sure that there are a few inside that realise this.

Perhaps the Assembly is a way of neutralising that image issue, as they don't come with the same (warranted or not) preconceptions, and if that's the case then it's a good move to get them heavily on board.

The RST do have PR issues, and I'm not talking about the ructions of the past couple of days. There is a large section of the support who view it in a negative manner, and I'm sure that there are a few inside that realise this.

Perhaps the Assembly is a way of neutralising that image issue, as they don't come with the same (warranted or not) preconceptions, and if that's the case then it's a good move to get them heavily on board.

Pretty much sums up what I was thinking myself. :thup:

There should be no thought that this criticism of the RST has suddenly sprung into being like some immaculate conception. It exists as a valid reflection of the way the RST has conducted itself these several years and is in the most part thoroughly deserved.

If the Assembly is to generate a different outcome it shouldn't be because they are not the RST. It should be because they conduct themselves in a different manner, a more professional and honest manner.

Above all the RST has earned its reputation through its preference for intrigue and personality, instead of open and honest representation. It has consistently tried to cover up any faults and censor criticism. It is still doing this today. that is to say, the people running the Trust are still doing this today. Credibility has it none and rightly so.

Some interesting info from the RSAssembly President after I asked him what plan of action are the Assembly looking to follow in terms of approaching the wider supporters community regarding any new owner and/or associated fan ownership scheme?

He replied:

We have yet to formulate a detailed plan and we will need to take account of legal and financial advice. The recent meeting was held to establish the principle of a fans investment scheme and to agree a mandate to take it forward.

A few key objectives are emerging:

- Scheme must be credible in terms of propriety and transparent governance;

- Scheme must appeal to ALL Rangers fans;

- No appetite for a scheme that only pays or contributes to the debt;

- Scheme that enables fan representation at the decision-making level;

- Scheme that is sustainable long-term.

I realise we are short on detail but that's where we are. We will discuss how best to formulate a proposal and how to ensure we have the right level of engagement with fans.

Hope to be able to provide more detail soon.

:)

Some interesting info from the RSAssembly President after I asked him what plan of action are the Assembly looking to follow in terms of approaching the wider supporters community regarding any new owner and/or associated fan ownership scheme?

He replied:

We have yet to formulate a detailed plan and we will need to take account of legal and financial advice. The recent meeting was held to establish the principle of a fans investment scheme and to agree a mandate to take it forward.

A few key objectives are emerging:

- Scheme must be credible in terms of propriety and transparent governance;

- Scheme must appeal to ALL Rangers fans;

- No appetite for a scheme that only pays or contributes to the debt;

- Scheme that enables fan representation at the decision-making level;

- Scheme that is sustainable long-term.

I realise we are short on detail but that's where we are. We will discuss how best to formulate a proposal and how to ensure we have the right level of engagement with fans.

Hope to be able to provide more detail soon.

:)

It is a bit short on detail but that's just a fact of time and resources. However, what's appealing about this is the way a set of clear objectives is emerging that can be applied to all future proposals and used as a means of assessing each case. Above all, it's something of a relief to see someone finally commit their position to paper and publicise it freely.