Jordan McMillan???

Queen of the South: Hutton, McMillan, Harris, Lilley, McAusland, McKenna (Wilson 89), Burns, Quinn, McLaren (Wyness 80), Holmes, Weatherston (Kean 76).

Subs Not Used: McGeown, Scally.

Booked: Harris, McKenna.

Goals: Weatherston 16.

Dunfermline: Smith, Ross, McCann, McGregor (Higgins 67), Dowie, Bell, Gibson, Burke, David Graham (Phinn 80), Bayne, McDougall (Kirk 60).

Subs Not Used: Paterson, Holmes.

Booked: McDougall, Bell.

Goals: McGregor 24, Gibson 29 pen.

Attendance: 1,651

Referee: C Thomson

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/scot_div_1/8387562.stm

I think he's 21 now is he not, if he's not getting a sniff now i can only see him playing elsewhere in future, unfortunately for him his chance may have passed him by.

I think he's 21 now is he not, if he's not getting a sniff now i can only see him playing elsewhere in future, unfortunately for him his chance may have passed him by.

I think that DD says is correct unfortunately...

Like so very many before him. I'm not sure what strike rate we should be aiming at for young players making it to our first team but it must be higher than we are achieving. Otherwise, what's the point of it all?

To be honest we can't expect to blood more than one or two per season at the most... e.g. this year wilson and (to a lesser extent) Fleck have established themselves in the first team. next year do we replace boyd and a midfielder with a 19 and a 20 year old? then we have almost half the outfield team under the age of 20 with not much experience and possibly lacking consistency. then we do the same the next year so its at 6 players. what other team at CL level (at least we were there!) could manage with that?

I'm not saying we've been successful at bringing youth through, I just don't think it's as simple and appropriate as some people seem to incinuate. I would like to see the individual quality improve rather than focussing on numbers!