Apologies, 3 Points and Parties

I will repeat i have never read the real reason just the bullshit reason.:thup:

Woooohooooo - and we finally get to where I wanted this to go.

So, they DID give a reason why they left, that much is true. But that reason simply isnt what you want to hear so it must be bullshit (for the record, I dont believe it was the truth either, or at least not the whole truth - but that is just my personal opinion).

However, they gave their reason and they have noobligation to expand upon it. It is the official line so we either accept it or we disagree with it - but we really cant expect them to change it, even if it isnt true because once a statement is made they are unlikely to change it

All of this arguing over this is futile. None of the parties at play will be opening up anytime soon and telling us exactly what did happen.

And this is why the Trust will always have that cloud over its head while those still in power.... remain in power.

I might be naive, but i still dont get why people think resigning because you felt the trust was taken over by a coup is not opening up. What more is it people could conceivably want? The statement outlined the mechanism, the motivation, and what happened afterwards with the abuse etc. I think people enjoy the feeling they are being lied to, and getting to indignation when they dont get every little sordid detail that would make their heart content. Its absurd.

Edited by bmck

I might be naive, but i still dont get why people think resigning because you felt the trust was taken over by a coup is not opening up. What more is it people could conceivably want?

I could be wrong Barry but I didnt think those that resigned said it was due to a coup. Could be wrong though

Woooohooooo - and we finally get to where I wanted this to go.

So, they DID give a reason why they left, that much is true. But that reason simply isnt what you want to hear so it must be bullshit (for the record, I dont believe it was the truth either, or at least not the whole truth - but that is just my personal opinion).

However, they gave their reason and they have noobligation to expand upon it. It is the official line so we either accept it or we disagree with it - but we really cant expect them to change it, even if it isnt true because once a statement is made they are unlikely to change it

I am happy that i have brought you to where you wanted to go. What i am unhappy about is that the RST have been split apart by the shadow's and mirrors that we have blamed David Murray with. Obviously 3000-4000 fans leaving the RST also got you to where you are happy Craig. Disappointing in my opinion even if you are right.

I could be wrong Barry but I didnt think those that resigned said it was due to a coup. Could be wrong though

You are wrong, which really tells the whole story of this debate. People deciding how much and what should have been said or not said before even knowing what was said. A whole ten seconds of digging uncovered:

"What followed was essentially a coup d’Ã?©tat to ensure the control and/or removal of the senior office holders by the faction detailed above" resignees statement

I got bored reading the thread so i'll summarise.

Essentially (and I say nothing no one doesn't know) an RST meeting was arranged (presumably by Mark Dingwall) in the absence of Frankie and a few others. The reason for this meeting, ultimately, was to help MD seize control of the RST whilst ousting Malcolm McNiven (I think) and a few others who didn't toe Mark's party line. This all occurred around the time that the trust were getting close to getting a fan on the board and MD wanted it to be him or someone he could influence.

This RST EGM meeting, that occured in spite of or against the wishes of (at least certainly in the absence of) the people MD wanted rid of on the RST board occurred. When Frankie etc found out, they were left in an untenable (sp) position and felt like they had to quit.

Just prior to this, the RST were the strongest they had been. Their quitting left a "strong" RST in the hands of MD etc. Fortunately, he and his cronies managed to fuck that up. And since then it's been a downward slope.

Apologies if I missed something out.

Someone on here recently stated that if the current RST board really had Rangers interests above their own they'd step down right away if it helped achieve aims such as a fan on the board. In the case of Frankie, those ex-board members and even UCB I believe that to be the case. Unfortunately I do no believe that MD has the interests of Rangers above himself and that is borne out by his actions. See the STS report as a good example.

Talk about Chinese Whispers. I've been a member of this forum since November 2006 and this is my first post. One of the main reasons is that I'm pretty embarrassed by my username but I simply can't let this go.

Firstly, the meeting to which you refer was a scheduled Board meeting with a full agenda, although the main purpose was to hear from the then Chairman on progress on negotiations with the Club on the Associate Director positions that were going to be offered to him and also the then Assembly President. An e-mail was sent out around 2.30 pm (might have been a bit earlier or a bit later) asking to cancel the meeting as the Chairman had auditors in and couldn't get away. At this point one of the Board members was on route from the Midlands specifically to attend the meeting. Board members were given the option on whether or not to attend, some did, some didn't. Five of the people who subsequently resigned didn't attend the meeting.

The directorship was only one thing discussed at the meeting. Others included a matchday experience report, the Assembly, Supporters Direct, Gersave, development of Ibrox, billboard advertising, the Dublin Loyal banner, membership, communication, Manchester, NARSA and RSCs.

I'm not on here to defend Mark Dingwall but he has never been an office bearer of the Trust nor has he ever put himself forward as a potential fans representative on the Rangers Board, he simply doesn't have the right credentials for such an office and he is fully aware of this.

Everything I have stated is fact.

The main 'bone of contention' was with one agenda item which was the formation of a Special Tasks and Purposes Committee. People interpreted this in different ways and ultimately led to the resignation of the Chairman, followed by 6 others. At this point the facts become opinions. Some thought it was an attempt to undermine the Chairman, others saw it as merely trying to make sure that the RST operated within its' rules and kept it's focus.

I have no wish to slag off anyone who resigned but I am unwilling for those who remained to constantly be portrayed as the bad guys in all this.

You are wrong, which really tells the whole story of this debate. People deciding how much and what should have been said or not said before even knowing what was said. A whole ten seconds of digging uncovered:

"What followed was essentially a coup dâ���©tat to ensure the control and/or removal of the senior office holders by the faction detailed above" resignees statement

In which case I stand corrected Barry.

Too busy/lazy to go digging.

If that was the statement made then it need be no more, as you say.

It tells its own story and doesnt need elaboration.

I am happy that i have brought you to where you wanted to go. What i am unhappy about is that the RST have been split apart by the shadow's and mirrors that we have blamed David Murray with. Obviously 3000-4000 fans leaving the RST also got you to where you are happy Craig. Disappointing in my opinion even if you are right.

I think if you look at the accounts of the Trust you will find that the most taken in subscriptions in any one year is circa �£18K.