News & Reports on Rangers Youth Teams

I have to say the last three "youth" games I haved attended is as poor a sequence I can remember. Beaten and outplayed by Kilmarnock, Aberdeen and Motherwell at three of the older ages groups.

Two things from last nights game sum up the shambles we have become. Kyle McAusland became the 5th right footed left back we have used at under 20 this season. Three left backs were released last season.

Late in the game we were awarded a free kick just outside the right side of the penalty area, an ideal opportunity for a left footed player to have a strike on goal. We didn't have a naturally left footed player on the pitch.

In my opinion things won't get better until there is a change.

Scotland under-15 squad:

Goalkeepers

Luke Williams (Heart of Midlothian)

Aidan McAdams (Celtic)

Defenders

Grant Thorburn (Celtic)

Daniel Baur (Heart of Midlothian)

Shaun Bowers (Celtic)

Dylan McKendry (Celtic)

Jamie Boyd (Hamilton)

Reis Peggie (Celtic)

Jack Sherrie (St Mirren)

Jason Krones (Rangers)

Aidan Wilson (Rangers)

Midfielders

Ross McLaughlin (Celtic)

Michael Johnston (Celtic)

Lewis Doherty (Celtic)

Jack Breen (Hibernian)

Liam Burt (Rangers)

John-James Henderson (Dunfermline)

Lewis Turnbull (Stenhousemuir)

Kieran Balfour (Ayr United)

Forwards

Broque Watson (Celtic)

Scott Sutherland (Dunfermline)

Samuel Jamieson (Rangers)

Conor Scullion (Hamilton)

Callum Morrison (Heart of Midlothian)

Jack Vickers Morgan (Heart of Midlothian)

We have five included for this get together, Kieran Balfour is at Rangers unless he has gone back to Ayr and I haven't heard, Celtic have 9.

Jack Sherrie and Jack Morgan were released by Sinclair, Reis Peggie who was at Falkirk and Scott Sutherland knocked us back in the summer. Peggie joined Celtic and Sutherland chose to remain at Dunfernline.

Following Gordon Young's departure from Motherwell as head of youth to join Sheffield United, Darren Young is to leave Hearts and join Coventry City.

His teams are set out to play in the correct manner, on the deck, which is prevalent throughout the academy at Hearts.

Maybe someday down south will come in for ours, we can only hope.

Not the best age group at Rangers, a couple of the first years who will feature in this years Victory Shield years would be my pick, Ross Lyon and Josh Jeffries. Ryan Hardie is the best of the 2nd years and has a chance if he keeps scoring when he steps up the levels.

They are a few years away from being considered for 1st team football.

Watched the u 13's train at Murray Park on Friday night, certainly a talented group and worked hard for the whole session. Couple of them really caught the eye, as did a U14 who was coming back from injury, knew where the goal was !

Also went to Murray Park yesterday and watched two different U11 teams (with some younger boys playing) beat Dundee Utd about 10-0 and 8-0 respectively. Then watched the u10's thump a boys club team and also beat Dumbarton. Must say there were some really talented kids with this group, very exciting and, for such young kids, showed amazing awareness and decision-making.

In fact the U11's played their Celtic counterparts a couple of weeks ago and beat them in all 4 games !