News & Reports on Rangers Youth Teams

Its an SFA initiative and ultimately will include the five clubs in the Falkirk area. Initially its only Falkirk and Stenhousemuir, those youth setups are being merged to create Forth Valley Academy which will be based at Stirling University. I believe Stirling Albion, East Stirling and Alloa Athletic will be incorporated at a later date.

Youth update link below

Youngsters Denied Final Chance

http://rfcyouths.wordpress.com/2013/06/16/youngsters-denied-final-chance/

Was the player who took the disqualified penalty in Italy a player who had been substituted on or substituted off? I would imagine he was taken off which makes it a very poor decision for professional coaches who should surely at least know the rules of football.

I find that unbelievable.

I don't know for sure, I was only getting brief details and the message I got was "They were disqualified because one of the subs took a penalty".

Its not quite a simple, youth football can be different and where a rolling subs are used its normally any of the squad that can take the penalties. But I'm sure the rules for this tournament were laid out before the start.

• 1 month later...

I only got along to the Carlisle game, they were more experienced (front two of Lee Miller & Lewis Guy) and Rangers were a bit unlucky.

Dunfermline team had an average age of 18, including two Sinclair released that I have highlighted in the past, Lewis Martin & Lewis Spence.

I have not found any details of the Killie & Thistle teams.

I would point out we will have a young Under 20 this season with only three final year U20's on our books.

Having said that I have also pointed out the steady regression under Sinclair.

The17/18's have also played four pre-season games. Only win was against Stirling Uni, drew with Sheffield United, lost to Dundee (2-3) and Sunderland (2-4).