I hope our green and white friends win tomorrow - I really do. And before anyone accuses me of base apostasy, let me explain: Y'see, it's all about the co-efficient. If Scotland lose out to near rivals Belgium in the rankings, one CL place only will be up for grabs - and even that will entail not automatic entry but 3 difficult qualifiers.

And yet I hear that Mowbray is thinking of fielding a weakened team! WTF? It would not benefit them if they win the league, god forbid.:confused:

I see where you're coming from, but the coefficient is already screwed thanks to Scottish teams being woeful in Europe this season & George Burley's Scotland team doing so poorly, so I'm not sure that Celtic winning would make a difference tbh. Neither Rapid or Celtic have anything to play for other than who finishes bottom of the group, a little money & a little pride, so it's a bit of a non-event of a game really. All in all, I'll be happier if Rapid win the game & leave Celtic bottom of the group & traveling home disappointed - again. :)

I see where you're coming from, but the coefficient is already screwed thanks to Scottish teams being woeful in Europe this season & George Burley's Scotland team doing so poorly

The results and ranking of the national team are a completely seperate entity to that of the club's from that nation and their ranking.

[/b]

It would mean we would have to play 3 rounds, one of which would be against a team the standard of Arsenal or Liverpool.

Not if we qualified as Champions we wouldn't. We'd be in the other side of the qualifiers to the likes of Arsenal and Liverpool.

Not if we qualified as Champions we wouldn't. We'd be in the other side of the qualifiers to the likes of Arsenal and Liverpool.

I hope you're right about that. I've been influenced by an article in the Evening times the other day. You'd think I would have learnt by now not to trust Scottish journalists.:)

I hope you're right about that. I've been influenced by an article in the Evening times the other day. You'd think I would have learnt by now not to trust Scottish journalists.:)

On this page if you scroll down to the 3rd qualifying round and the 4th play off round you will see a gap between teh two sets of fixtures. If you take the 3rd round, the top half of fixtures is all between champions e.g. Copenhagen won the Danishe league. Celtic, Lisbon, Panathinaikos etc did not win their leagues.

The qualifiers split in two with the Champions getting the "easier" route without big guns from Spain, England etc.

The journo's have been told this before. They're just inept.

Edited by Super_Ally