Thank fuck we didn't sign him. Was it because we couldn't afford him?

As Johan Cruijff always says for every negative there is a positive.:)

Nah, if you remember the MOPES signed every player that we were linked with,Rangers just threw them a dummy :)

I think most Celtic fans have been aware of their central defensive problems for long enough now so I was surprised when Mowbray didn't strengthen in that area during the summer. Obviously, despite being a reasonable centre-half himself, his record in that department is strangely poor.

However, I would expect at least 2 new centre-halves at Celtic Park between now and the start of next season so it will be interesting if they're better than the likes of Loovens, McManus and Caldwell who've all been distinctly average.

I blame the Polish madman behind them as well... ;)

I dont know if I would "blame" the polish madman Frankie, applaud was more my thinking given his form of the last year or so.

As for centre backs, every week they are conceding soft and defensively poor goals, and look low on confidence, while we are defensively sound and playing well. Looks good for Jan 3, just like it did 2 years ago at this time, so unless they can find another reason for postponement, we should be able to go to the piggery with real confidence this time.