If I was a betting man i'd be putting money on Boyd moving to Newcastle United, either in January for smallish fee or in the summer on a Bosman. Would have put my house on it if Shearer had been their manager as Shearer was Boydies hero as a kid. However it's close enough to his family up here in Ayrshire, gets him out the Old firm football goldfish bowl, gets him pretty much into the Premiership as Newcastle are romping the Championship AND get's him better wages. All round it looks the ideal move for the big man.

If Boyd isn't offered a new contract due to the restrictions placed on the club by the bank then obviously Boyd will be leaving the club, and that won't be down to Boyd.

Not offering a contract and offering an unacceptable contract are two entirely different aspects, that would be a novel form of "banking" letting your prize asset walk for free.

KB like it or not, holds all the aces in this situation and all down to rank bad management, dangerous game to play on someone's loyalty when the �£note signs are waved.

Rangers have a decision to make, do we keep KB as the talisman for the championship and the revenue that will bring, or if an offer is made do we take the money as being something definitive, as opposed to something that is not yet won.

At the end of the day if an offer is made to and accepted by Rangers, KB will have the final word, I am more than certain he has more than one option even at season's end.

Not offering a contract and offering an unacceptable contract are two entirely different aspects, that would be a novel form of "banking" letting your prize asset walk for free.

KB like it or not, holds all the aces in this situation and all down to rank bad management, dangerous game to play on someone's loyalty when the �£note signs are waved.

Rangers have a decision to make, do we keep KB as the talisman for the championship and the revenue that will bring, or if an offer is made do we take the money as being something definitive, as opposed to something that is not yet won.

At the end of the day if an offer is made to and accepted by Rangers, KB will have the final word, I am more than certain he has more than one option even at season's end.

What makes Boyd any different to the other players or for that matter management team , I want him to stay , the fans want him to stay , the management team wants him to stay , he wants to stay but the club are unable because the bank , ( who you say have no influence at all in the running of the club ) , wont sanction any contracts .

When will you accept the simple fact we are skinto or are you just going to return to usual with a stupid wee comment or repetitive smillie , whilst ignoring the bigger picture , go on enlighten us all with your knowledge , you know you want to !!!

What makes Boyd any different to the other players or for that matter management team , I want him to stay , the fans want him to stay , the management team wants him to stay , he wants to stay but the club are unable because the bank , ( who you say have no influence at all in the running of the club ) , wont sanction any contracts .

When will you accept the simple fact we are skinto or are you just going to return to usual with a stupid wee comment or repetitive smillie , whilst ignoring the bigger picture , go on enlighten us all with your knowledge , you know you want to !!!

I don't remember saying anywhere the bank don't have any influence on the running of the club, all that are beholden to banks are influenced by them in some way, I do recall saying that the bank are not running the club, a rather telling difference.

Stevie Wonder will tell you that KB is the golden child, the jewel in the crown, the prize asset, do you think that is why he may be seen as "different".

My very own stalker....I am honoured I think....

Can we stop the off-topic stuff please.

People are entitled to different opinions on here so if you disagree, challenge them. By the same token if people don't take an honest position in debates admin will challenge them. :)

And on that bombshell, the Daily Express is reporting that Boyd has been offered a 'king's ransom' to stay at the club.

I like that report Frankie, keep it up...:spl:

http://www.express.co.uk/posts/view/150013/Goal-ace-offered-king-s-ransom-to-stay-at-Rangers

Edited by wabashcannonball

I don't remember saying anywhere the bank don't have any influence on the running of the club, all that are beholden to banks are influenced by them in some way, I do recall saying that the bank are not running the club, a rather telling difference.

Stevie Wonder will tell you that KB is the golden child, the jewel in the crown, the prize asset, do you think that is why he may be seen as "different".

My very own stalker....I am honoured I think....[/QUOTE]

Now there's a first , seriously we will agree to disagree ok

My very own stalker....I am honoured I think....[/QUOTE]

Now there's a first , seriously we will agree to disagree ok

No probs RBR, it is only opinions, it won't feed the kids or pay the bills, but it is good to air all different opinions otherwise there isn't much point in a discussion board. :thup:

No probs RBR, it is only opinions, it won't feed the kids or pay the bills, but it is good to air all different opinions otherwise there isn't much point in a discussion board. :thup:

fair play , certain subjects just get to me , the biggest being Murray