why john fleck should leave ibrox.

all the attributes that we were sadly lacking on sunday left to rot on the bench. i will run down sauchihall street bare naked if fleck makes it under smith. i am confident my clothes will be staying on.

As others have said gisa, he just needs time & he did only just turn 18 a few months ago, so it's not as if his time is running out. Smith & Coisty both like the lad & rate him highly & as I said, I think we're going to see more of him in our Cup games for the moment. He'll get chances in SPL games as well, but not a regular start this season IMO, maybe next season, but that's cool with me. Fleck is probably happy himself as well & if he's got any sense he won't be getting impatient yet. He's a first team player for the best team in Scotland & that should be enough to satisfy any 18 year old unless they're some sort of spoiled brat.

It's all well and good telling us what we're supposedly missing in Fleck, but when he has played he's not lived up to any sort of promise - he's looked like an enthusiastic youngster with reasonable composure and energy but not a total array of skill or talent.

He just hasn't made much impact in almost 2 seasons in the first team. Compare that to, as I say, Wilson playing in a much harder and more demanding position yet fitting to the team like a glove and making Bougherra's absence far less of a loss in certain games.

If Fleck is this bright young thing, why hasn't he shone like Wilson has, in far far less time?

Danny, you can't compare Wilson & Fleck. It makes zero sense at all. Fleck has rarely been played where he personally likes to play while Wilson has been. Fleck has mostly been played on the wing & that is not his preferred position (his words, not mine), so until he's given the opportunities to play where he likes playing, it's a wee bit pointless talking about his performances or lack of.

Danny, you can't compare Wilson & Fleck. It makes zero sense at all. Fleck has rarely been played where he personally likes to play while Wilson has been. Fleck has mostly been played on the wing & that is not his preferred position (his words, not mine), so until he's given the opportunities to play where he likes playing, it's a wee bit pointless talking about his performances or lack of.

Exactly my argument when defending Lafferty. Yet why is it Fleck gets more leeway and Lafferty's brandished an expensive failure?

However, directly addressing your point, and it just seems odd to me that this sparkling youngster who's been hyped as the second coming, even slightly out of position, has made so little impact. He hasn't even given sign of potential imo. And in almost 2 years that seems a bit odd.

However, maybe it's best that he doesn't - because Aaron showed that a creative young player with an eye for goal and pace to burn is unwelcome at Ibrox. That's probably why Buffel was given his marching orders too.

John fleck will never grow as a player with his arse on the bench every week. hes had 18 months in the first team squad so surely there has to some sort of rewards after that time. truth is the boy isnt developing at all.

smith was the man who stated at the start of the season that the youngsters would be playing a far bigger part in the first 11 this season and fleck was mentioned in the same sentence, but as we know this is not the case. Only Wilson has been given a chance only to be dropped like a stone after some terrific performances.

we all know our manager doesnt like to take chances or take a gamble so this may well be the reason fore not playing them. Its a real pity as these two in particular will be busting a gut to play for us and there is nothing i like more than a player playing for the jersey.

John fleck will never grow as a player with his arse on the bench every week. hes had 18 months in the first team squad so surely there has to some sort of rewards after that time. truth is the boy isnt developing at all.

smith was the man who stated at the start of the season that the youngsters would be playing a far bigger part in the first 11 this season and fleck was mentioned in the same sentence, but as we know this is not the case. Only Wilson has been given a chance only to be dropped like a stone after some terrific performances.

we all know our manager doesnt like to take chances or take a gamble so this may well be the reason fore not playing them. Its a real pity as these two in particular will be busting a gut to play for us and there is nothing i like more than a player playing for the jersey.

Walter Smith told Thomas Buffel he'd get a chance.

I wouldn't really take Smith's word about future personnel choices with any gravity.

Exactly my argument when defending Lafferty. Yet why is it Fleck gets more leeway and Lafferty's brandished an expensive failure?

However, directly addressing your point, and it just seems odd to me that this sparkling youngster who's been hyped as the second coming, even slightly out of position, has made so little impact. He hasn't even given sign of potential imo. And in almost 2 years that seems a bit odd.

However, maybe it's best that he doesn't - because Aaron showed that a creative young player with an eye for goal and pace to burn is unwelcome at Ibrox. That's probably why Buffel was given his marching orders too.

Danny lafferty got 14 games on the trot and was absolutely terrible. other than a handful of games in his career here its is a fair to say he aint gonna make the grade using his form so far. fleck on the other hand had a game here, a substitute game there and dissapeared into oblivion. Lafferty is a smith favourite, like whittaker and can do no wrong no matter how badly they play. give fleck 14 games to prove himself and ill wager that well get far more for our money from him out of the two.