why john fleck should leave ibrox.

I'm underwhelmed by Fleck. He's flattered to deceive, and I don't think he's an especially sparkling player. I look to Wilson who plays in a much harder position, and it's night and day.

Yep, that is how I see it too.

I am undecided if part of this reason is because Fleck has been touted as "the next big thing" for so long that when he gets his chance and doesn't shine then it has to be Smith's fault and not that of the player. Whilst Wilson has come in and been very assured and has made us see him as a 1st team starter, moreso given he came in and comfortably replaced one of our most influential players (although I thought Wilson had probably his worst game in the 1st team on Sunday - but given his consistency that too is a tad unfair).

Fleck is a decent player, no doubt - but ready to play regularly in the first team ? And if it is the case that no-one at MP knows his best position that could signal that he isn't overly strong in ANY position - most players will show an aptitude to play in a couple of positions but be fairly obviously better in one.

Fleck hasnt overly impressed me whilst playing in the 1st team, never been a stand-out. That is harsh given his age but we all bang on about how you play your best team - I am not convinced that Fleck has shown enough to be considered one of our best XI players - in saying that..... I would rather him at LM than Lafferty - but as I said in another thread - Lafferty probably deserved another shot as he was playing in a team that was winning convincingly.

Just because Rooney and Fabregas were playing regularly from their late teens does not mean you are a dud or must leave if you are not.

Wilson and Fleck (more so the former) seem to be the cream of the crop at Murray Park and have a decent chance of making it. Fleck is one of, if not, the youngest debutants in Rangers history and the youngest player in a Scottish Cup Final.

He's struggling for games but a lack of consistency is often a characteristic of young players. Give them time. If they have not progressed by the time they are 21/22 then fair enough. As Craig likes to say, this thread is premature.

Seeing as we all think we must always compare everything to the Premiership than young Gibson at Man U must be a failure who must be shipped out as he's about 22.

Just because Rooney and Fabregas were playing regularly from their late teens does not mean you are a dud or must leave if you are not.

Wilson and Fleck (more so the former) seem to be the cream of the crop at Murray Park and have a decent chance of making it. Fleck is one of, if not, the youngest debutants in Rangers history and the youngest player in a Scottish Cup Final.

He's struggling for games but a lack of consistency is often a characteristic of young players. Give them time. If they have not progressed by the time they are 21/22 then fair enough. As Craig likes to say, this thread is premature.

Seeing as we all think we must always compare everything to the Premiership than young Gibson at Man U must be a failure who must be shipped out as he's about 22.

Touche :fish:

Fair play what you say is correct and we do tend to rush into judgements on players that I acceept however this aint the premiership and there must be games that he can be given a run , for his own good as much as the teams

Fair play what you say is correct and we do tend to rush into judgements on players that I acceept however this aint the premiership and there must be games that he can be given a run , for his own good as much as the teams

I think the lad CAN play at LM although I dont think that is his natural position. If Beasley and/or Novo are still out injured I would bring Fleck in for the next few games anyway.

For me he should definitely be ahead of Lafferty for that LM slot. For those posters who believe there is an anti-Lafferty bias..... not from me there isnt - he is just a player who is out of form and/or cannot play LM. Lafferty has been poor in the last two games (sure he set up a goal against Utd but other than that did very little - and yesterday he was poor throughout, along with many others it should be said). But given he is not on form we should be bringing someone else in to see if they can improve the team and, for me, that would be Fleck.

Rotten advice i'm afraid.

Fleck should be used much, much more than he is and i'm as disapointed as anyone.

But if you think Smith is going to waste the best thing to come out of Murray Park then your sadly mistaken.

I am flabeergasted by some of the people who completely underestimate Walter Smiths football knowledge.

Just because he is not being used on the field of the first team the now does NOT mean that Smith is ignoring him. He will come good, but i think they are slowly easing the boy into a career at Rangers.

I think he should be playing fairly regularly and i happen to think Smith is wrong in not playing him, but at the same time i have faith in Smiths nurturing of the lad.

With a thread titled 'why John Fleck should leave Ibrox' I was kinda expecting to read at least one good reason why he should leave Ibrox, but it's been a let down. :fish:

I've got a massive amount of time for Fleck & you're going to see him getting more time playing in his own preferred position in the Cup games IMO. He said himself in the post match interview after the match at Dens Park that he was delighted to get some time in his preferred/favorite position through the middle as a supporting striker/attacking central mid. Sorry, I can't remember his exact words, but if you doubt me, you can probably dig up the interview & check for yourself. He started that game at left mid & did ok, but when he was moved into the center in the second half, he started to shine & scored us goal as well remember!! From what I've seen of him on the few occasions he's actually been played more centrally, he's a fabulous talent as a link-up player, with a great eye for clever passes & splitting open defenses & I'm positive that we're going to see much more of these attributes over the next year or two as he gains more & more experience & game time in his favorite position.

With a thread titled 'why John Fleck should leave Ibrox' I was kinda expecting to read at least one good reason why he should leave Ibrox, but it's been a let down. :fish:

I've got a massive amount of time for Fleck & you're going to see him getting more time playing in his own preferred position in the Cup games IMO. He said himself in the post match interview after the match at Dens Park that he was delighted to get some time in his preferred/favorite position through the middle as a supporting striker/attacking central mid. Sorry, I can't remember his exact words, but if you doubt me, you can probably dig up the interview & check for yourself. He started that game at left mid & did ok, but when he was moved into the center in the second half, he started to shine & scored us goal as well remember!! From what I've seen of him on the few occasions he's actually been played more centrally, he's a fabulous talent as a link-up player, with a great eye for clever passes & splitting open defenses & I'm positive that we're going to see much more of these attributes over the next year or two as he gains more & more experience & game time in his favorite position.

all the attributes that we were sadly lacking on sunday left to rot on the bench. i will run down sauchihall street bare naked if fleck makes it under smith. i am confident my clothes will be staying on.

all the attributes that we were sadly lacking on sunday left to rot on the bench. i will run down sauchihall street bare naked if fleck makes it under smith. i am confident my clothes will be staying on.

It's all well and good telling us what we're supposedly missing in Fleck, but when he has played he's not lived up to any sort of promise - he's looked like an enthusiastic youngster with reasonable composure and energy but not a total array of skill or talent.

He just hasn't made much impact in almost 2 seasons in the first team. Compare that to, as I say, Wilson playing in a much harder and more demanding position yet fitting to the team like a glove and making Bougherra's absence far less of a loss in certain games.

If Fleck is this bright young thing, why hasn't he shone like Wilson has, in far far less time?