The goal that was chalked off

Guest ReadyTeddy

I'd like to see it from the front now. But i have to ask why the clip wasn't slowed down in any highlights that i've seen, as you have done.

We all know other angles can completely change your views in an instant.... this one just has. I had been telling people we were lucky to escape this incident without losing a goal. I 'll tell the same people the ref was right.

I have to say also i was quite cynical about Conroy refing this game, particularly as i'd heard he had a nephew playing for the Celtic Youth team(Ryan Conroy), but look the next time where Conroy is standing when this occurs. Also, it's him that gives it as a foul and he is standing looking onto the two players staraight on(the angle i'd like to view it at). So, in my book Conroy was 100% correct.

Thanx for this clip

I'd like to see it from the front now. But i have to ask why the clip wasn't slowed down in any highlights that i've seen, as you have done.

We all know other angles can completely change your views in an instant.... this one just has. I had been telling people we were lucky to escape this incident without losing a goal. I 'll tell the same people the ref was right.

I have to say also i was quite cynical about Conroy refing this game, particularly as i'd heard he had a nephew playing for the Celtic Youth team(Ryan Conroy), but look the next time where Conroy is standing when this occurs. Also, it's him that gives it as a foul and he is standing looking onto the two players staraight on(the angle i'd like to view it at). So, in my book Conroy was 100% correct.

Thanx for this clip

Yep, exactly the same as myself John. I have been saying since yesterday we escaped that one. Having seen this clip though the ref was definitely right.

I saw it from the front at lunch time and Conroy would have seen McGregor's hand being moved by Fortune's leading arm.

Exactly what I've been saying since HT yesterday.

Me too. There is merit in the decision but it depends whether you see it as a foul or not.

The thing that gets me about the commentators and pundits is not one of them mentioned this aspect. They all say there was no contact and there was no reason for a foul.

What are they getting paid for if they can't even see it as it is? They may conclude after discussing the actual reality that it's not enough for a foul, but to ignore it and conclude one way so vociferously anyway just means they are incapable of doing any job of it at all.

Thing is, this happens all the time from pundits when you are waiting for them to bring insight into what we've seen. How can you be insightful when you don't even seem to know what's going on?

Me too. There is merit in the decision but it depends whether you see it as a foul or not.

The thing that gets me about the commentators and pundits is not one of them mentioned this aspect. They all say there was no contact and there was no reason for a foul.

What are they getting paid for if they can't even see it as it is? They may conclude after discussing the actual reality that it's not enough for a foul, but to ignore it and conclude one way so vociferously anyway just means they are incapable of doing any job of it at all.

Thing is, this happens all the time from pundits when you are waiting for them to bring insight into what we've seen. How can you be insightful when you don't even seem to know what's going on?

Neil McCann called it on skysports. If he had tried to claim the contact was enough for a foul Charlie would have gone for him... saying that Jim 'Brian-why-are-you-so-good' White would have jumped in!!