Rangers 2 : 0 Hamilton (AET) - Player Ratings and MoM Poll

mendes hasn't played since October - Wilson filled Boogies boots. Boyd was probably the main miss - and yes, DMB would more than likely start. However - i repeat - this was Hamilton - a piss poor side who would be in England's lowest league.

thought our touch, composure, passing, shooting was very poor last night - and in last few games generally. there was no fluency and virtually no cohesion.

We should be offering far more than we have been. We're led to believe that we have great motivators in the coaching staff - where has that been recently ?

I can't believe you're just disregarding the fact that we didn't have 5 really important players last night. Did you see the team at the end? Down to the absolute bare bones.

Wilson is good but to suggest he fills the hole Bougherra leaves is ludicrous.

Also to suggest that a midfield pairing of McCulloch and Kevin Thomson should be playing to the same level as Davis & Mendes could in there leaves me scratching my head.

Whats the relevance in your point about Mendes not playing since October? He was still missing and added to the other players missing it makes quite the considerable sum.

You thought our shooting was poor last night? Did you see the amount of saves the Hamilton goalkeeper had? Some of our link up play was good also imo.

Some of your comments leave me to wonder if I was at the same game as you! It's what makes it so fascinating though, I guess :D

Edited by OnlyOneAmoruso

I don't think Fleck was ever going to live up to the insane hype of 12 months ago. The Rooney comparisons were especially detrimental. It also doesn't help that his two best positions, second striker and central midfield, are both filled by players who on their day are simply undroppable (Miller and Davis/Mendes) meaning he always starts as a left winger where he consistently underperforms

Mate - this was Hamilton we were playing - Hamilton. They are awful and would struggle in League 2 in England. In the last 3 games against them we've sunk to a worrying low IMO.

And - in terms if injuries - last night, only Boyd and Boogie (and maybe Mendes or DMB) would have been definite starters. 2 key players, yes - but in Wilson we had an adequate replacement. We should never use these type of excuses against the qualoity of opposition like Hamilton.

Also, it tells you alot about a players character when they can't perform in front of small crowds and no atmosphere. where's the hunger, drive, determination to play for the jersey ??

Sorry - not a happy bear this morning. I just find our performances (outwith Dec) unacceptable.

we can sit smug at the top of the table - which is great - but we should be concerned by many things on the park. we have alot of work to do.

I don't understand the disrespect that people give to lower teams. Just because we spend more money does not mean that we can automatically piss all over lesser teams in the same top flight - we may have a successful history, but when has that ever been the case?

In the end it's 11 v 11 and just how much better can a Rangers team be than a team full of some of the best players produced by our country? Players who are in reality, one in a thousand from our towns and cities.

Anyone who understands football knows that on the day anyone can win - it just takes a good or lucky day by the lesser team when the better team are not playing so well. If it didn't happen football would be very boring - and in fact would collapse completely due to the lesser teams having no hope and therefore no supporters.

Cup games over the world are strewn with upsets including teams being beaten by lower divisions, which is in part due to the one off game scenario which is almost always more important to the lesser side. It's called "the romance of the cup" for those seemingly new to footballs nuances. Does no-one remember the Wee Rangers?

Playing the same team 3 times in just over a week doesn't help either and it's no surprise goals have been hard to come by after the initial 3 each draw.

The main thing in the cup is to get through to the next round and we've achieved that so I don't know what the fuss is about.

Some people seem to think Rangers should stroll through every game from Airdrie to Barcelona but that is a fantasy that doesn't exist - especially in today's environment. You can think what you like but that attitude just must make you the most miserable fans around, as you will rarely be happy and mostly pissed off - which makes football seem less than a healthy hobby.

Maybe you should try stepping into the shoes of a Hamilton fan and experience what that is like supporting a smaller club with more modest ambitions and bugger all finances. Then when you re-read your post, you may get angry about how disrespectful a fan of a bigger club can be when you've enjoyed watching your team give them a hard time.

I can't believe you're just disregarding the fact that we didn't have 5 really important players last night. Did you see the team at the end? Down to the absolute bare bones.

Wilson is good but to suggest he fills the hole Bougherra leaves is ludicrous.

Also to suggest that a midfield pairing of McCulloch and Kevin Thomson should be playing to the same level as Davis & Mendes could in there leaves me scratching my head.

Whats the relevance in your point about Mendes not playing since October? He was still missing and added to the other players missing it makes quite the considerable sum.

You thought our shooting was poor last night? Did you see the amount of saves the Hamilton goalkeeper had? Some of our link up play was good also

Some of your comments leave me to wonder if I was at the same game as you.

we were at the ame game mate - just have differing views on what we should expect.

yes - our shooting was pretty poor last night IMO. Cerny made a few Hollywood saves IMO. Not once di I think Nove was going to finish to be honest.

I still maintain that we should be far better than we were.

Mendes is out, yes, but he's not been around for over 3 months - so no use in saying that we didn;t do well because he wasn't playing.

And as for McCulloch - again - a performance where he did the minimum and offered very little. did he make a forward pass ??

I don't think Fleck was ever going to live up to the insane hype of 12 months ago. The Rooney comparisons were especially detrimental. It also doesn't help that his two best positions, second striker and central midfield, are both filled by players who on their day are simply undroppable (Miller and Davis/Mendes) meaning he always starts as a left winger where he consistently underperforms

Agreed. Certainly the worsening injury situation should ensure he plays his preferred his position over the next few weeks.

Like Lafferty, this is his chance to perform and, for Fleck, his chance to show the money he's asking for would be well spent.

I think 99% of the fans would love to see Fleck get a run in the side in his natural position but it just isn't possible when Miller is so vital to us when he's on form and frankly does not deserve to be dropped. I wish we could encorporate both without giving him the token left wing berth.

No doubt about it.

To that end, Fleck himself should be happy with featuring as a deputy for the moment.

Thomson and Davis could feasibly play the withdrawn wider roles in a diamond with Edu or McCulloch playing the holding role. Unfortunately, I don't think Thomson or Davis have the work-rate or defensive traits to do this well enough - the former especially lacking in mobility.

I think the team as a whole look better using an orthodox 4-4-2 with two wingers. This immediately puts weaker teams on the back-foot instead of sniffing uncertainty in our selection.