Bhoys rubbish Brown report

Uther than doing alot of running around and clipping at other players heels he doesn't offer much more than that.

Septic seemed to want to play him as an attacking cental midfielder but his passing is all over the place and his runs into the box and shooting are poor at best.

I thought he played a couple good games for Scotland in the centre of midfield but he was again breaking up play and giving the ball to others to do the creative bit.

Yeah, some folk have suggested that before and may not be beyond the realms of possibility.

However, while I don't want to cut off my nose to spite my face, I'd contend someone who takes the coin over their career progression, isn't someone worth having. I'm not sure his form is good enough either but that could change in the future.

Whilst he has not be a roaring success over there it's still big news. With all the money they wasted on him and all their crowing over sealing his signature they're looking a bit daft now (granted it was the previous manager who signed him).

With Mowbray wasting large sums on Fortune and others perhaps having more money than us isn't the great advantage they'd like to think.

I still think he's one of their best players. He offers a threat going forward and harries opposition doggedly. It's much more of a pain playing against him than N'Guemo or Crosas.

It's great though that Mowbray's legendary stubborness seems to be taking Celtic apart at the seams.

Celtic are considering taking legal action after reports today claimed manager Tony Mowbray has told Scott Brown he had no future at the club.

Mowbray and Brown have both dismissed the story, which claimed the club will try to sell midfielder in this window, as erroneous and totally without foundation.

The manager insisted Brown – who is due back in action next week after recovering from ankle surgery in October – remains very much part of his plans.

Mowbray said: “The story is absolute nonsense. I never told Scott Brown I want him to leave the club.

“Scott is a huge player for Celtic and absolutely part of the future plans of this club. I have worked with Scott for a number of years and have a great relationship with him.

“It’s disappointing that people are able to write things which are so inaccurate. But I know our supporters will understand that, unfortunately, this is one of the things we need to deal with.

“I am sure they will also know that we are all working together at Celtic to do all we can to achieve success for the club.”

Brown supported his manager’s denial of any imminent split, which is alleged to have surfaced in a meeting between player and manager last month, and said: “Obviously I am very disappointed with this article as there is no foundation to it.

“I have worked with the manager for some time and have a very good relationship with him.

“It’s disappointing to have been out for so long with an injury, but I’m looking forward to getting back to full fitness as soon as possible and getting back in to the team for the second half of the season.”

http://www.eveningtimes.co.uk/sport/editor-s-picks-ignore/celtic-may-take-legal-action-over-claims-they-plan-to-sell-scott-brown-1.1000137