Rothen set for Turkish switch

Guest BRIANMC1

Lacked what Jock Wallace called "character". Such a shame to see this sort of player being brought to Ibrox.

Yet again i'm left bewildered as to why more deserving players are not offered such support and understanding from the fans. Quite agree with MF. (But i'm tempted to give him an infraction just for the hell of it :flipa:).

Probably a stupid question but how reliable are the sports pages of La Parisien? Hope to christ this is true.

Christ, you're a fan of Lafferty and Rothen? :eek:

No, just wonder why neither player properly got a chance.

I mean if both Ally and Walter come out and publicly state we've been unfair to Lafferty, playing him wide, then surely my point in his case is made.

As for Rothen, he's not a shite player, as he showed in Germany, but never got anything like a chance after the Unirea loss.

Wanting someone to be given a chance is a different thing to be being their biggest supporter.

Yet again i'm left bewildered as to why more deserving players are not offered such support and understanding from the fans. Quite agree with MF. (But i'm tempted to give him an infraction just for the hell of it :flipa:).
You'll be catching a fukking infarction if you're not careful.:box:

Must admit I was reasonably happy when we signed Rothen (even if he was struggling in France) as I thought he'd still have the quality and determination to prove a few doubters wrong in his homeland while winning a few medals in Scotland.

Unfortunately, his pack of pace and passion became quickly evident at this 'illness' thing is merely symptomatic of his lack of character.

The quicker he leaves, the better.

Jerome Rothen has confirmed that he intends to see out the remainder of the season on loan with Ankaragucu.

More...

Rangers winger Jerome Rothen has confirmed that he intends to see out the remainder of the season on loan with Ankaragucu.

The French midfielder needs to have his loan deal at Ibrox from Paris St Germain cancelled before he can link up with the Turkish side.

The 31-year-old expects the loose ends to be finalised this week facilitating his loan transfer for the remainder of the 09/10 campaign.

Rothen has confirmed he has no future at PSG and insists a solution will need to be found when he returns to the Ligue 1 side in the summer.

No comeback

"I have to cancel my loan with Rangers before being loaned again from PSG to Turkey, probably early this week," Rothen told Europe 1.

"It was useless for me to stay at PSG as I'd have played with the reserves. This winter, they let me understand a comeback was not possible.

"I have found a solution for the rest of this season, but next season I will have one year remaining on my PSG contract so we'll have to find a solution."

Edited by craig