This is one for the future, but i'm very suprised at the amount of people who think this lad is "mediocre" and "uncreative".

Obviously you have not been watching him closely enough. I've watched him a lot since last season with James McCarthy and can promise you he could quite easily walk into the Rangers side the now and keep his spot there.

He does so much off the ball, his movement and positional sense are second to none and is very creative.

I'm not sure if people are judging him on a couple of games against Rangers. He wasn't the best in those games but he can stand out nearly everytime in the big games for Accies.

The only problem i have is the price Accies are associating him with. I certainly don't think he's worth nearly 2 million quid.

He does want to come and i think he is a Rangers supporter, which helps. The way Kevin Thomson sometimes plays, this lad could do no worse. But he's not up to the billing of Davis yet.

Walk into the side in place of who? I know McCulloch isn't a popular player amongst many of the fans, but his improvement this season has been immense and i would take him before McArthur any day of the week

I found that a strange assertion too.

Could well compete for a place, but it is disrespectful to our team of champions and table toppers to come out with that imo.

This is one for the future

We don't 'need' one for the future right now though. We need to win the spl this season without spending money on gambling on a player that isn't definitely? going to help achieve that.

The only problem i have is the price Accies are associating him with. I certainly don't think he's worth nearly 2 million quid.

Well, he might be worth that to interested parties from south of the border where transfer fees are stupid, but to us? No way!

Could well compete for a place, but it is disrespectful to our team of champions and table toppers to come out with that imo.

How can it be disrespectful to say you think a player is better than the players we have? He is clearly impressed with him as a player, having watched him, and even said that his movement and positional sense were the particular things that we would benefit from; how can you turn that into having a dig at the team?

How can it be disrespectful to say you think a player is better than the players we have? He is clearly impressed with him as a player, having watched him, and even said that his movement and positional sense were the particular things that we would benefit from; how can you turn that into having a dig at the team?

To suggest an inexperienced kid who has done nothing and proven nothing could walk into our team is disrespectful to our current players imo. As JB pointed out himself he's always bottled it against us, so he's not proven he can play against better teams and players yet. As I said, he could compete for a place but not just turn up and stroll into our team. If he could he wouldn't still be at Hamilton.

To suggest an inexperienced kid who has done nothing and proven nothing could walk into our team is disrespectful to our current players imo.
Ithink you would have to be looking for it to find it. He was clearly just saying how good he thought he was, and it was maybe more disrespectful to read him uncharitably.
As JB pointed out himself he's always bottled it against us, so he's not proven he can play against better teams and players yet.
Thats like being a fan of Boyd and saying because he hasnt done well in big games in europe its disrespectful to the premiership to think, as I do, he could walk into most teams down there. If he had said "he certainly much better than the crap we have" it would be fair, but he gave good reasons about his positive attributes and what they are; if he is right, the very thing our midfield has been lacking.
As I said, he could compete for a place but not just turn up and stroll into our team. If he could he wouldn't still be at Hamilton.
Thats like saying the causes of noses are spectacles. His being at Hamilton doesnt prove he couldnt walk into our first team, it only proves he is still at Hamilton. Its only his ability that determines if he can make and improve a first team. JB seemed to be saying he thinks he has that ability, and its not disrespectful to say so. I dont think in this financial climate we should be gambling on unproven players, though, but thats not to say they couldnt be stars. Edited by bmck

Ithink you would have to be looking for it to find it. He was clearly just saying how good he thought he was, and it was maybe more disrespectful to read him uncharitably. Thats like being a fan of Boyd and saying because he hasnt done well in big games in europe its disrespectful to the premiership to think, as I do, he could walk into most teams down there. If he had said "he certainly much better than the crap we have" it would be fair, but he gave good reasons about his positive attributes and what they are; if he is right, the very thing our midfield has been lacking. Thats like saying the causes of noses are spectacles. His being at Hamilton doesnt prove he couldnt walk into our first team, it only proves he is still at Hamilton. Its only his ability that determines if he can make and improve a first team. JB seemed to be saying he thinks he has that ability, and its not disrespectful to say so. I dont think in this financial climate we should be gambling on unproven players, though, but thats not to say they couldnt be stars.

I'm very suprised at how touchy some people can get from what i said about McArthur. I don't want to create hell on here, so i'll leave it with the post i made and to sum up BMcK has put a very good summary of my thinking more or less on the subject.

I'm just suprised that people can take offence to someone saying a player is good enough to walk into our team the now. If thats the case, and we are looking to sign him, surely thats a good thing for all involved, team, fans, board... everyone?