Gers line up shittu

Guest Baxter

Skysports.com understands Rangers are hoping to sign Bolton defender Danny Shittu.

Shittu has been linked with a number of clubs during this month's transfer window with the big defender well down the pecking order at the Reebok Stadium.

Turkish side Trabzonspor are thought to be trying to lure Shittu away from England, while some German clubs are also monitoring the Nigerian's situation.

Rangers could now make a late bid to land the former Watford stopper as Walter Smith looks to bolster his squad before the transfer window slams shut on Monday.

Smith has money to spend after offloading Pedro Mendes and Jerome Rothen and he is thought to be lining up a bid for Shittu to bolster his defence.

Hope hes not bougies replacement

It is rather tedious being linked with the same names that actually wont come anyway.

It sure is, especially when they're money grabbing players that have had the chance to come to Ibrox before but didn't accept the wages on offer. Shitty Shittu can GTF! He hasn't been getting a regular game for Bolton this season or last season & I wouldn't buy F all off of Owen Coyle. He's already ripped Walter off once & once is enough.

Even if Coyle would send him up on loan I'd be telling him he can keep the player. Shittu isn't even the type of player I'd like to see us bringing in even if we ARE going to buy a central defender now or in the summer. Just because he gets a game for Nigeria, doesn't mean he's good.

Bollox rumour anyway!