The Current rangers Situation

That covers a multitude of sins and doesn't explain anything , sorry I actually thought you knew what he was there for my mistake, and if he is that good perhaps he should spend more time worrying about MIH than a company that is solvent , just a thought

That's interesting, can you enlarge on this multitude of sins, one we know he doesn't have is being a bank employee.

That's interesting, can you enlarge on this multitude of sins, one we know he doesn't have is being a bank employee.

More deflecting from the point in hand , so predictable and so very very boring

So it's basically being suggested by some people that a protest against Lloyds is not the right thing to do & also that requesting on-mass for Muir to speak out is pointless, since he has no obligation to speak out to fans?? Well, that only leaves a few targets and as Wabash suggests, Johnstone and Murray are 2 of them. Something tells me that neither Johnstone or Murray are going to properly clarify this situation to the fans' satisfaction. Bain isn't likely to do so publicly either unless he's handed a script to read from.

Is the situation being blown out of proportion then? If it is, then mass protests could end up not only looking silly, but also a total waste of money.

You appear upset at the simplicity of the situation, you should take your own advice and "wind yir neck in".... or is disagreeing with your tedious view a banning offence, so FF. :)

It's nothing to with FF. It's to do with you passing off your opinion as fact, patronising everyone and genrally being a bit of a pompous arse. Also the way you quote things you read in the papers as 100% fact makes you seem naive. As I say the only thing that is tedous is you and your broken record act. Stop trying to tell everyone they have no right to ask questions and that everything is perfectly clear. That is certainly not the case according to a vast number of fans. The situation is clear as mud, people will rightly ask for clarity and you will kindly stop trying to censor comment on this site.

So it's basically being suggested by some people that a protest against Lloyds is not the right thing to do & also that requesting on-mass for Muir to speak out is pointless, since he has no obligation to speak out to fans?? Well, that only leaves a few targets and as Wabash suggests, Johnstone and Murray are 2 of them. Something tells me that neither Johnstone or Murray are going to properly clarify this situation to the fans' satisfaction. Bain isn't likely to do so publicly either unless he's handed a script to read from.

Is the situation being blown out of proportion then? If it is, then mass protests could end up not only looking silly, but also a total waste of money.

I am more than prepared to be made a fool of but still have a club at the end of the day than stand by and do nothing , we keep getting told there's no problem here , move along , yet the manager who is working without a contract continually voices his fears but we are to do nothing , nah something smells rotten I know who I will stick with RANGERS FIRST

Deflection ? you made a statement that you cannot back up, Muir is a company doctor end of, I am not aware of any multitude of sins he is covering, but I am willing to be converted........

You know exactly what I mean by " a multitude of sins " a saying meaning a coverall for numerous responsibilities , none of which we currently know , unless you can clarify the situation , or will we just get " he's a company spinblah blah blah "

Go on amaze us and actually answer a direct question , what is his specific remit at Rangers , and dont hide behind your usual pish

I am more than prepared to be made a fool of but still have a club at the end of the day than stand by and do nothing , we keep getting told there's no problem here , move along , yet the manager who is working without a contract continually voices his fears but we are to do nothing , nah something smells rotten I know who I will stick with RANGERS FIRST

The thing is that even if protests are misplaced/misdirected, there's still a fair chance they'll achieve their desired result by flushing someone out to explain WTF is going on. :thup:

From the information available to us, Muir is on the board to oversee "turning things around", which is what he's done in his career. He appears to come in to companies who are struggling big-time and making them profitable (again). He appears to be fairly successful at this, but he's going to be doing it with methods he has used for any business which is going to cause waves at a football club.

Can his role be in any doubt given this is what he does for a living? I don't think so. His exact methods and who he ultimately reports to may be thought.

I guess he will have some sort of plan in place for the next few years with targets to hit financially. These may be determined by Lloyds - we've heard that they want 1M a year in loan repayments for example. Or these may also be determined by the board in terms of bettering that 1M a year as well as making the club a more sellable asset.

Lloyds have come out and said Muir isn't their man and that they are not involved in the day-to-day running of the club, so maybe they think they've said enough on the subject which is why they've been so quiet. Its probably also a case of semantics. If they have agreed the 1M a year repayment and we've shown them how we aim to make those payments then maybe that's it - if we keep to the repayment plan, with regular reviews, then they're happy.

Unfortunately, part of this long-term business plan may be to downsize further, to pay off the debt more aggressively, I'm guessing this is what WS is concerned about and has alluded to.

This is all supposition and complete guesswork, but I agree that targeting Muir might not be the "right" thing to do in terms of getting us information. Maybe the current chairman would be a better person to target, trying to get him to make a statement to clarify exactly what's been going on?

There's lots of directly conflicting reports and rumours coming out via sources on forums and in the media. As fans, we seem to be very selective in lending credence to particular snippets, possibly if they fit our agenda. We just don't know which ones are 100% accurate.

I guess this all comes back to the fact that we're all hurting, we're all concerned about what's going on behind the scenes, but I think we need to take a step back and be wary of "going off on one" and pursuing the wrong individual here when we don't know what's really going on. It could be a waste of time & resources, not to mention it might not do us any favours when we're talking about hounding Muir personally.

Just playing Devil's advocate here. There's been a lot of posts & threads on here recently which have become derailed for reasons we can all see, but I think because of that, some users can't post anything now without it being dismissed, when in fact they do have a valid point.

* awaits flaming *

Mike.

From the information available to us, Muir is on the board to oversee "turning things around", which is what he's done in his career. He appears to come in to companies who are struggling big-time and making them profitable (again). He appears to be fairly successful at this, but he's going to be doing it with methods he has used for any business which is going to cause waves at a football club.

Can his role be in any doubt given this is what he does for a living? I don't think so. His exact methods and who he ultimately reports to may be thought.

I guess he will have some sort of plan in place for the next few years with targets to hit financially. These may be determined by Lloyds - we've heard that they want 1M a year in loan repayments for example. Or these may also be determined by the board in terms of bettering that 1M a year as well as making the club a more sellable asset.

Lloyds have come out and said Muir isn't their man and that they are not involved in the day-to-day running of the club, so maybe they think they've said enough on the subject which is why they've been so quiet. Its probably also a case of semantics. If they have agreed the 1M a year repayment and we've shown them how we aim to make those payments then maybe that's it - if we keep to the repayment plan, with regular reviews, then they're happy.

Unfortunately, part of this long-term business plan may be to downsize further, to pay off the debt more aggressively, I'm guessing this is what WS is concerned about and has alluded to.

This is all supposition and complete guesswork, but I agree that targeting Muir might not be the "right" thing to do in terms of getting us information. Maybe the current chairman would be a better person to target, trying to get him to make a statement to clarify exactly what's been going on?

There's lots of directly conflicting reports and rumours coming out via sources on forums and in the media. As fans, we seem to be very selective in lending credence to particular snippets, possibly if they fit our agenda. We just don't know which ones are 100% accurate.

I guess this all comes back to the fact that we're all hurting, we're all concerned about what's going on behind the scenes, but I think we need to take a step back and be wary of "going off on one" and pursuing the wrong individual here when we don't know what's really going on. It could be a waste of time & resources, not to mention it might not do us any favours when we're talking about hounding Muir personally.

Just playing Devil's advocate here. There's been a lot of posts & threads on here recently which have become derailed for reasons we can all see, but I think because of that, some users can't post anything now without it being dismissed, when in fact they do have a valid point.

* awaits flaming *

Mike.

Mike very noble attempt at summarising our predicament but it asks just as many questions as it attempts to answer ,if he is so good at turning companies around would he not be better staying at MIH , the �£1million per year is great so why attack the debt so aggressively reducing the squad to 14 players and make no doubt Smith has been told that this will be his first team squad number maximum with kids from the under 19's to add .This leads to their not being a long term plan if you dont have a sustainable team to go for trophies ,and the biggest question is who made MUIR god