Quoting that timmy piece Zappa posted:

Some people need to face reality. Mowbray is not capable. He like many failures before him thinks only about style and forgets the substance. The history of the game is littered with failures with the same flawed beliefs. He will not sort out the defence because it would mean him ditching his ludicrous 4-2-4. We will continue to line up the same way the rest of the season and we will continue to ship goals and he will continue if allowed to talk about "his vision". The man is fundamentally flawed as a manager. There is no good manager anywhere in the game who employs the wide open game plan that he champions. I thought he might get away with it in the SPL, he clearly didn't in the EPL, but even up here breests like McGhee and Calderwood can see the gaps in this Celtic team. I know some may say he won the Championship with WBA but I believe even in that he season, his best ever in mangerial terms he lost 11 league matches, almost 1 in 4. He is totally out of his depth at a major club where we need to win at least 75% of our league matches and cannot afford more than 3 or 4 defeats a season. He must be sacked immediately.

Tims are generally a pretty thick bunch but occasionally one shows evidence of grey matter. This guy is pointing out what I've known (and quite possibly everyone has known) ever since half way through the WBA season in the EPL where Mowbray got his team relegated quite embarrassingly - 'Mogga' is an astoundingly stubborn manager - when asked if he'd shore up his defence during that season (after yet another 4-0 mauling) he said he'd keep on playing the way he plays.

He cannot, will not and refuses to adapt per game and to the strengths of the players he has. Instead he persists with one rigid 'attacking' formation which completely negates defence - it's why even with a completely new set of players, he's getting exactly the same results as the old lot did.

Hibs was his level, a decent team who were able to be in the top 4 fairly rigidly in the SPL with a really excellent collection of players (Brown, Caldwell, Zaluiska I believe, Riorden, Jones, Sproule, Whittaker, Thomson). A team which less was expected of and which really did have a group of quality players - but not one which would get close to winning the league.

Put him in a much better league (EPL) and he drowned, put him in charge of Celtic and he's going even deeper.

He is indeed fundamentally flawed, and I sincerely hope he stays in the job for years to come.