Phone in tonight

It seems to me that every time Rangers are the best football team in the country (mind suicide attacking is only half the game) we get this hibee agenda. Is it ever mentioned when Celtic are on top, or do we just accept they play Bercelona-esque footy? :D

I know Walker has agendas, but when Rangers put a really good move together, passing, movement, it is never said how good a move it was. Not only Walker, we never seem to get any praise for the football, only committed, hard to break down etc. I thought some of the football yesterday was as good as I have seen all season.

I know Walker has agendas, but when Rangers put a really good move together, passing, movement, it is never said how good a move it was. Not only Walker, we never seem to get any praise for the football, only committed, hard to break down etc. I thought some of the football yesterday was as good as I have seen all season.

You don't win the most games, lose the least, score the most goals, concede the least and have the best goal difference by only being a stodgy defensive outfit.

I imagine what causes this Hibs play the best football line, that we also got under Mowbray, is that most fans only see their highlights or best periods of play. They don't sit through a season of their football and watch their dross. They also benefit from a lack of expectation so any good performance is greeted more warmly and any defeat criticised less harshly. Furthermore they are not held back by a negative press agenda nor negative stereotype of their "traditional" teams. It was bullshit udner Mowbray, it's no doubt crap now or we wouldn't be scooshing all the offensive stats (that count).

I imagine what causes this Hibs play the best football line, that we also got under Mowbray, is that most fans only see their highlights or best periods of play. They don't sit through a season of their football and watch their dross.

That works both ways SA. Have you sat through a season of their football to say they play "dross"?

Hibs are a good footballing team and probably do play the best football but at the end of the day it's how many times you put the ball in the net that matters.

In regard to this, I only heard the last 20 minutes of the game and the commentators were lavish in their praise of Rangers - imagine my surprise on viewing the BBC highlights to discover we only had three shots in the game!

What finishing!

nothing piques my irrational fitbaw superiority complex quite like when other teams have to make do with outspoken "best X team in the country" where X is passing, footballing, sporting, attacking while we have the infinitely better though always unspoken "best team in the country" with no participles at all. :D