Rangers linked with Senegalese defender

The club they sign for isnt always an indicator of the calibre of player though.

You must be impressed with Clement at the very least, surely ? Martin ?

Oh definetely, I was just speaking in generalities to the players we're being linked with and signing.

Whether I've seen a player play before we sign him or not is irrelevent really, if he doest he business it's all good to me.

I've been impressed with Clement in the sense that he hasn't let me down. I knew he was a player who would scrape up the action and move it forward, kind of player who strolls through games and you barely take notice of him. Makalele in a sense, but not as good obviously.

Other than Clement, Sionko's looked good in patches, Lee Martin looks effective, both players I'd never seen play.

Plus in a lot of cases, you could sign a big name, an unknown and on many occasions the unknown turns out to be a better signing than the big name (Compare Flo and Larsson, for example).

But yeah, was just speaking in generalities.

No problem mate - you jsut seem a bit down today with the lack of activity from us whilst our esteemed friends across the city have signed a good player - thay have also though cost themselves money - Petrov's fee covers JvoH and Gravesen but the additional wages I would expect are about 2 mill per year.

No problem mate - you jsut seem a bit down today with the lack of activity from us whilst our esteemed friends across the city have signed a good player - thay have also though cost themselves money - Petrov's fee covers JvoH and Gravesen but the additional wages I would expect are about 2 mill per year.

Petrov's fee dosen't even cover Gravesen if he takes up the option of a fourth year. Overall, Gravesen will cost �£9m if you're including wages.

So yeah, they've cost themselves a bit of money, but I suppose if we're sitting here in May with Celtic league champions again and a good run in Europe, they'll quite rightly say it was worth it.

I'm not down as such, just someone on here earlier said: "Celtic have signed Jarosik, Gravesen and JVOH, and we're struggling to sign What'sHisName Papac.. sums it up really".

A statement I agree with.

That said, if our lesser known players deliver us a title.. I won't be complaining.

I was saying that Petrov's fee covers the fees of Gravesen and JvoH (2 mill and 4 mill - JvoH I have heard 3.5-5).

Then Petrov's wages would cover the wages of one of the 3 big-ticket players they have signed - but the other 2 would not have their wages covered.

It can be frustrating watching them get players who look like they could be very good signings - but they have yet to prove that to be the case.

Our lesser known players are delivering performances if not the results and this Bear is still optimistic about this season and what it could entail for us.