Thomson halves Ra Shellicks saviour - Keano the pikey

Thomo is the BOSS !!

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xqyWzGiPzhw&feature=player_embedded]YouTube- Kevin Thomson see's an opportunity and takes it - 28th Feb 2010 (HD 1080p)[/ame]

The more I see of Kevin Thomson, the more I see a Rangers captain.

I remember saying similar before KT's injury. If he keeps playing as he did on Sunday then I would say it's a certainty. Firstly he needs to get a bit of consistency and a run of games under his belt

Crunched him fairly twice in the space of 30 seconds early doors in the game.

They were superb tackles! I'm hoping he doesn't go into hard tackles like that in the Scotland friendly tomorrow night though!

I don't see Thomson as a future Rangers captain.

I think the role would only inhibit the very thing that people like most about Kevin. I could be wrong but he strikes me as someone who flourishes most when out of the main glare of the spotlight. People like Davie Weir, Amoruso or Richard Gough are either totally unfazed by being captain or have egos that thrive on the honour. I believe Thommo is one of those players whose form on the park would suffer from a natural discomfort of leadership.

Could be wrong but, intuitively, that's how it looks to me.

Edited by maineflyer

Much as his performances have been much improved recently, and fantastic on Sunday, I dont see him as captain material.

Ultimately, he is at Rangers because he can stay in Edinburgh with his pals while getting good money he couldnt at Hibs. He is still a Hibs fan, his pals are all Hibs fans, and he is just doing a professional job. A Rangers captain should be so much more, with a lot of off-field responsibility and leadeship required. Not saying a Rangers captain HAS to be a Rangers fan, plenty good captains have not been, but I think Thomson is unsuited to the role.