Papac Deal Agreed

Sky Sports News reporting we've just agreed terms with Papac and he'll sign shortly.

Hope he is a player that is commanding and can walk straight into the heart of the defence and organise them.

Also might be the kick in the arse needed by Svensson.

Would still like to see at least one more today

Deal is around �£1m aswell, just to throw that out there.

So today we have spent a net 50,000 and got one player in whilst 2 players are out which isn't bad considering the 2 out were unlikely to get near the starting 11 this season.

But that still means we have spent little money this year :

600k on Svensson

2 mill on Sebo

1 mill on Papac

1.1 on Clement

Total spent of 4.7 mill

500k for Zurab

500k for Novo

450k for Namouchi

Total income of 1.45 mill

So we are net spenders of 3.25 mill

No doubt I have missed someone... AGAIN !!

Hope he is a player that is commanding and can walk straight into the heart of the defence and organise them.

Also might be the kick in the arse needed by Svensson.

Would still like to see at least one more today

Seems you won't get your wish Craig le Gaffer has stated on the official site that he is finished if he gets a central defender.

Window Shopping

By Emma Dodds

There is always a little scepticism when something new comes into place and this was certainly the case in 2001 following the introduction of the transfer window.

The decision to restrict players' movement during the season meant a drastic change to the way the game was run and it was an idea by no means embraced by managers across Europe.

Five years on from the start of this regulation, however, feelings have mellowed. Having your squad suitably equipped to sustain the rigours of league and cup football by the end of August, is a just part and parcel of football.

In recent seasons it has been common practice for frantic activity to take place within the dying hours of the transfer window at Murray Park.

This year, with just one player on Paul Le Guen's wish list, it may be a case of how many stars go out the door at Ibrox, as opposed to come in before midnight tonight.

The manager is actively pursuing the services of a central defender with Bosnian international Sasa Papac tipped as Sasa Papacthe front-runner.

It will be the final piece of the jigsaw for Le Gaffer and while he is eager to add another stopper to his squad, accepts that it may rest on who leaves before the deadline slams shut.

Le Guen said: "I would like one more central defender before the window closes but it depends on the situation of the other players already here.

"I want some of them to leave the club, I repeat that and I think it would be better for them if a deal could be done.

"One defender will be enough to complete our squad because I think we have a very good group of players here now.

"We are well stocked in the attacking areas but it is a long season and I feel that we will need one more defender to round off the group."

Being satisfied with his first team squad must be a comforting feeling for Le Guen and he admits the closure of this transfer window is extremely welcome.

Fending off constant speculation about one player or another has become tiresome and the manager is looking forward to being able to Le Guen and Colleu in the dug out at Ibroxfocus on football.

He added: "I like the transfer window, I think it has been a good introduction to our game.

"During this summer there have been many stories linking us with signing targets and our players with other clubs.

"It's only natural but if we didn't have the window, then this talking would go on all year.

"I don't want to have to speak about things like this when the season is underway and that it why I think it's better we have a deadline.

"It is for the best that the window closes on August 31 and it allows everyone to concentrate on football and accept that things will be the same at least until January.

"It gives everyone peace of mind and that is important."