Well done Naisy!!!

Naismith has been getting some abuse within the support, especially the online community, with quite a lot of people saying he's not good enough for Rangers and was a poor signing for what we paid. Well I've always kept believing in the lad & I just want to say well done to him! When he came on for Boyd yesterday I thought he looked really bright on the right, winning balls & blocking their left wing play several times as well as tracking back into our box to defend. Then of course, he looked sharp going forward and ultimately played a massive part in us winning the Cup with his great run & perfectly placed cross for Miller's goal.

I'm really pleased for the lad getting a chance yesterday & taking it in the way expected of him. :)

:spl:

Hear, hear...

Lad did very well when he came on - having to do the work of two players on the right flank but he stuck to the task well and his cross for Miller was sublime; despite yours truly bellowing for him to send it to Novo.

One assist doesn't make it conclusive proof that he actually is good enough for Rangers/has been a good signing afterall, though we'd obviously benefit from a confident Naismith, something i don't believe we've seen since his Kilmarnock days. If Boyd leaves, which i personally think is a certainty, he may have a massive role to play next season

I thought he was very impressive preseason and also before he got injured , however he suffers from the same problem as a lot of our squad in that he is flexible and is moved all over the place instead of getting a settled position that he can play into.

One assist doesn't make it conclusive proof that he actually is good enough for Rangers/has been a good signing afterall, though we'd obviously benefit from a confident Naismith, something i don't believe we've seen since his Kilmarnock days. If Boyd leaves, which i personally think is a certainty, he may have a massive role to play next season

He just hasn't had any luck since signing for us. He's shown signs of being the player we hoped for and the player that people at the club obviously know he is, but with the long lay off injured coming back hasn't been easy for him. When you think about it, he still wasn't properly settled into the squad when he got injured, so coming back from the injury must be like starting all over again from scratch. I still think he'll prove to be a fantastic player for us. He's still only 23 and loves this club, so I hope he gets the chance to stay for a good few years and that he develops into something special here.

I was screaming for him to play it to Novo too Frankie. Obviously we know the game better than Naismith does :whistle:

Naismith did indeed have a good game yesterday but it mustn't be forgotten that he was brought on when the St Mirren players had played for a full hour plus at that point in time. Would he have played as well or had as much impact if he had a starting berth ? Who knows, but it should be a consideration.

That said, I wont take anything away from the lad - he DID play well, that cross WAS sublime, and he DID defend well too.

Naismith is capable of being a fine player for us but like many Scottish lads who make the step up, he's struggling to make a starting berth his own and is suffering from being too versatile (as well as a couple of bad injuries).

I'm happy to persevere with him for another season but he really has to find this level (or better actually) to justify a new contract after that - no matter where he plays.

I wasn't screaming for him to cross it to Novo in particular, but I was thinking to myself that he was taking forever to pass the ball and that it was gonna be chance wasted, then he dinks it in to Miller and Miller scores what has got to be his best headed goal since coming back to the club, possibly his best headed goal of his career! I actually couldn't believe it at first. I'm not often speechless when we score, but I just couldn't believe that goal. What a peach!

Naismith is capable of being a fine player for us but like many Scottish lads who make the step up, he's struggling to make a starting berth his own and is suffering from being too versatile (as well as a couple of bad injuries).

I'm happy to persevere with him for another season but he really has to find this level (or better actually) to justify a new contract after that - no matter where he plays.

He can only improve IMO and I think we're going to see that if he's given the chance. Seems like yet another confidence player who struggles to perform when it's low and can turn on real style when it's high. As I said last week, winning this CIS Cup could prove to be an important factor for the team spirit as a whole, but also for individuals. I don't think yesterday's winning goal will have done Miller's confidence any harm either! :)