RST involved in new takeover bid?

Is the RST of the opinion that Ellis is no more than a stalking horse, otherwise why spend money now rather than wait for the outcome of the Ellis interest, or is the RST affable to the idea of "if" Ellis is in fact the real deal, negating any investors exposure with fans readies....a sort of reverse sugar daddy approach...:spl:

:thup::thup::thup:

Thanks. :)

So was the first time the RST knew the identity of the backer when it was revealed last w/e, or was there a period between when you did know the identity and when it was made public?

We were made aware of what was going in the SH on Saturday evening. That was the first time the name was mentioned.

Sadly, I only have your word for that. Do you have anything at all to say on the issue of promoting consultation and never delivering it? The questions are stacking up on you, will there be answers?

Not to you Maineflyer because if I said that the RST had personally spoken to every Rangers fan on the planet and had secured �£100m per year for infinity, you would still find fault. :(

I smell bullshit by the barra load, through the smoke and reflective mirrors....."ââ?¬Å?You may act in secrecy, but God is still with you; you can only deceive other people. ââ?¬Â" a saying to be pondered upon.

MIH accounts are on the way, business as usual.

I have no idea what this means but may your God go with you.:confused:

To be honest, I don't think it is true of any site mate.

Yes, you'll always get your more vocal and less constructive posters on every site - those for and against the RST actually - but I find the suggestion actual sites are against the RST flawed.

These suggestions are merely an easy get-out clause for the Trust to avoid debate on such places. I certainly don't blame them for wanting to stay away from obtuse people intent on division but the generalisation that is permitted to happen about whole sites is just as false unfortunately.

On-topic, obviously McColl distancing himself is a blow to the Trust (and should be to all of us who are interested in fan ownership) but I'm certainly still want to hear what they have to say on the matter. Hopefully their statement will be ready today.

:)

Frankie, i'm perhaps taking this off topic again here but what is your opinion of the post several weeks ago on Rangers Media regarding 'Secret Meetings'. It was posted by the site owner (although clearly not written by him) and contained completely inaccurate information regarding a meeting between the RST and SDM. It was along the lines that we were trying to keep the meeting secret. It was only when I e-mailed him the facts and said I could prove it as I still had copies of e-mails from the time that it was removed (but not before it had 1000 views). It was aimed at discrediting the RST, what was his motivation for posting it? You are part of the team on there. Was it discussed? If you don't know what I'm talking about I'm happy to e-mail it to you.

Frankie, i'm perhaps taking this off topic again here but what is your opinion of the post several weeks ago on Rangers Media regarding 'Secret Meetings'. It was posted by the site owner (although clearly not written by him) and contained completely inaccurate information regarding a meeting between the RST and SDM. It was along the lines that we were trying to keep the meeting secret. It was only when I e-mailed him the facts and said I could prove it as I still had copies of e-mails from the time that it was removed (but not before it had 1000 views). It was aimed at discrediting the RST, what was his motivation for posting it? You are part of the team on there. Was it discussed? If you don't know what I'm talking about I'm happy to e-mail it to you.

I will give my opinion as I know nothing about the goings-on behind the scenes on RM.

The post in question certainly contained inaccuracies (and in my opinion was ill-advised), but then again I continue to read posts on FF by RST board members in respect of that period that also contain inaccuracies.

No point in rehashing old ground, particularly at this time.

Originally Posted by wabashcannonball

Is the RST of the opinion that Ellis is no more than a stalking horse, otherwise why spend money now rather than wait for the outcome of the Ellis interest, or is the RST affable to the idea of "if" Ellis is in fact the real deal, negating any investors exposure with fans readies....a sort of reverse sugar daddy approach...

++++++++++++++++++++++++

You must have missed it first time around PLG, to near the mark ?

We were made aware of what was going in the SH on Saturday evening. That was the first time the name was mentioned.

It's being alleged that the name was leaked by SDM. How did he know the name when you guys didn't?