Gersnet Exclusive: Sir David Murray Interview Confirmed

Q - "Gersnet have secured the backing of some investors and would like to buy a controlling quantity of your shares in Rangers Football Club. How much would you sell us them for?"

Clever but he's already said the ownership issue isn't up for discussion unfortunately. There may be some room for manoeuvre of course but direct financial questions like that - no chance! :(

Clever but he's already said the ownership issue isn't up for discussion unfortunately. There may be some room for manoeuvre of course but direct financial questions like that - no chance! :(

Could you not ask him that question privately, 'off-the-record'??

Could you not ask him that question privately, 'off-the-record'??

I think a knowing smile would be the answer.

I certainly won't roll a �£1 coin across the table like someone else did recently when SDM asked how much he should ask for... :whistle:

Q - "What do you think of the concept of 51% fan ownership of the club via a 'membership' scheme like Hamburg in Germany or full fan ownership via a 'socio' type scheme like Barcelona in Spain?"

Tremendous work Frankie!

A few possible questions:

Q. Who is your favourite Rangers player from your tenure?

Q. Are Rangers and Celtic ever likely to leave Scottish football?

Q. In hindsight, was sanctioning Barry Ferguson's return worthwhile?

Q. Could you have done more to respond to the mis-information, bias, and, occasionaly, outright lies spread by certain quarters of the media during your time?

Now, that is an ownership question that he should be able to answer...

Yeah, especially if you word it so that you're not asking if he'd be interested in selling his shares to anyone for such a scheme/system. You're just loosely asking for his thoughts on the subject. :)

I've got a cracker for you to ask him Frankie!

Q - "What did you think of Gersnet's 'Setting The Standard' project?"

I've already had the answer to that, I think... :(

Anyway, before you hit me on Saturday for teasing you with free bottles of average wine, I think I better own up to the April Fools joke I'm sure most people would have noticed pretty quickly...

The day SDM starts giving exclusive interviews to unofficial sites, is the day pigs fly.

Apologies for the poor joke, folks! :flash: