everyone here seems to have a second english team...

Possibly mate. In my case, Liverpool were my first love, in terms of fitbaw teams. I think I was six when I got my first Pool strip and Rangers followed soon after. In saying that, I was one of a few who supported an english team back in my youth(early 70s).

I think in terms of the young modern fitbaw supporter, Sky TV have had a massive influence in this area. Their money and coverage have totally glamourised the english game to the point where it's been really easy for ALL clubs to market themselves to young impressionable fans north of the border.

I don't think it's anything to worry about as such. Given the hypnotic power of television and aforemementioned glamour, it was always going to happen.

Gladly, I still see plenty of scottish football tops in my hame toon. especially the 'old firm'.

Cheers, nokiss(hoover)............ps....C'mon the pool. :thup:

He's right, Sky's outstanding coverage of the Premiership has madfe it impossible not to have a favourite.

It's almost like a TV show, in the sense it's on 2 or 3 times a week and you gradually grow to love a character and so on.

What a reply.

But i feel Rangers have not yet got their team sorted & will make big swoops next windo once PLG has seen what he has etc.

good call. wouldn't bet on murray dishing out the cash though.

nokiss and beatie, i think you guys have about summed it up. cheers. :D

my maw, who watches infinitely more football than me, has setanta, sky sports and sky sports with all the extra games, has got more and more engrossed in the english league. for some reason she likes bolton though. :|

I dont support any particular team in the EPL, sure ill probably be supporting a certain team in a game but i wouldnt go ouy and buy their footie shirts or anything like that.

Rangers Loyal. :thup:

good man. :D

(i dont blame the people that do, but rangers are the only fitbaw team that would interest me enough for anything i would even remotely call 'support').