I remember being on these boards and others during Eck's reign and fans would routinely go nuts about Eck playing "4-2-4", having two central midfielders with 2 wide men either side and 2 strikers. Fans would go nuts and wonder why we got over run in midfield with only 2 "proper" midfielders.

Now people are complaining because we often play with 3 proper midfielders; 2 central, Davis wide right and cutting in and a wide/attacking man on the left.

And people are going nuts again. :confused:

Many fans on here and FF in particular that I view are crying out for this so-called "4-2-4" formation that everyone hated under Eck.

Now granted it may not be the same people, but law of averages with the number of people now requesting that formation seems we have a lot of hypocrites in our midst. :confused:

It's not difficult to establish a proper midfield out of our players. Novo is a right winger as he has barely played more than 15 games as a striker in the last 4 years. Beasley is a left winger. Davis and Thomson/Edu are central midfielders.

Our current team is so boring and the main reason is our slow, defensive-minded midfield

I will not critiscize any formation Wattie puts out as long as we win this league , when you look at the players at his disposal and remember the players we have out injured and those playing less than 100% , we are damn lucky to be in this position .

If and when we get new players in , then you can start pointing fingers at formations not just now .

Clearly you weren't at Ibrox yesterday. Can't remeber the last time I was so bored at the game. The need for width was clear for all to see except to the 3 stooges in the dug out. Hamilton had a slow defence that could have been exploited by the pace of Novo and Beasley

Our best period for serveral years was in December was with these 2 in the team and Davis in the middle. Against a side such as Hamilton, we should have went for the jugular, not sat back and held on for the win