Squad size for next year , scary stuff

Guest Flying Hippo

Would we get compensation for Wilson though? I remember Oldham were livid when Chris Porter joined Motherwell because he was under 24 but they didn't get a penny for him because he moved to another country. I'm pretty sure it's only transfers between the same country where under 24s can't leave for free?

Would we get compensation for Wilson though? I remember Oldham were livid when Chris Porter joined Motherwell because he was under 24 but they didn't get a penny for him because he moved to another country. I'm pretty sure it's only transfers between the same country where under 24s can't leave for free?

Not to clued up on this ruling but if my memory serves me right was there not a kick up when chelsea signed John Obi Mikel i know man utd were involved in that as well but i am sure there was a tribunal set for that transfer and also the transfer of the young chelsea lad Gael Kakuta i think he was signed from Rennes or a team like that and Chelsea had to go through courts with that one! Not sure but i would reckon if a player is nutured at a club then a club from another country comes in i am sure there is still a fee to be made!

Not to clued up on this ruling but if my memory serves me right was there not a kick up when chelsea signed John Obi Mikel i know man utd were involved in that as well but i am sure there was a tribunal set for that transfer and also the transfer of the young chelsea lad Gael Kakuta i think he was signed from Rennes or a team like that and Chelsea had to go through courts with that one! Not sure but i would reckon if a player is nutured at a club then a club from another country comes in i am sure there is still a fee to be made!

Man Utd were awarded the sum of �£10 million in the Mikel case , but that had more to do with them having a signed contract and also at that time Chelsea were throwing money around

Chelsea were banned from transfers for a season or more because of the Kakuta scenario but managed to appeal it. This is before Kakuta signed proper terms with the French club so he was on a youth contract and I think Chelsea paid a small compensation package rather than a big fee.

Anyway Wilson is on a pro contract but tribunal fees never work out for the best with the clubs losing their talent. I believe Man City were wanting �£10m for Daniel Sturridge, they never got that.