What a goal from Kyle Lafferty

3 in his last 4 games - and only maybe one of them would Boyd have scored.

Today's goal was all about power, pace, and quality under pressure, and he delivered, as well as an atrocious celebration again.

Has Kyle Lafferty won you guys over at last?

He has improved my opinion on him, work still needs to be done, if played in the correct position he is a danger. However if off the boil he is a bit like Boyd and can be posted missing.

I disagree to an extent. One thing Lafferty has never been guilty of is anonymity. He always puts in a good shift, even if his form hadn't been terrific.

He doesn't lack effort, even if he has lacked consistency.

Quality goal today. Really pleased for him.

Unsure why there's a need to knock another Rangers player in praising Lafferty though? :confused:

Because it was Boyd he was playing in place of, and Boyd wouldn't have scored today's goal. Lafferty offers more all round.

I'm not strictly knocking Boyd, just pointing out a reason why it's better for us to have Lafferty in the team.

Besides, Boyd looks to be off anyway and I've disliked his attitude for quite some time now as well.

If he adds goals consistently, the critics will diminish. He has delivered at a crucial time of the season which is encouraging, long may it continue.

He does need to be played up front for this to happen. And he's finally been getting a run in that position and is now scoring freely.

He did get a run in the winter up front, January time, but there was a lot of baggage on him back then and Boyd's return was looming so there was too much pressure and he just didn't deliver.

This time he is, looks like he's enjoying his football at long last.

It defies belief that you can categorically state that Boyd would not have scored those goals. Have you just put blinkers on and decided that Boyd only ever scores tap-ins ? How about that volley at Thistle in the cup last year ?? Would Lafferty have scored that ?

Lafferty's goal was very well taken today, and I am very pleased for him - but in your defence of him you see the need to judge him against Boyd - that says more IMO about you not being completely convinced by Lafferty yourself than Boyd's lack of goalscoring prowess.

Sorry but Boyd has scored far more goals than Lafferty has in his professinal career and they most certainly have NOT all been tap-ins.

Lafferty is continuing to win the fans over and that is great - but he is just as prone to pop one out for a throw-in... as he also did today !

He does need to be played up front for this to happen. And he's finally been getting a run in that position and is now scoring freely.

He did get a run in the winter up front, January time, but there was a lot of baggage on him back then and Boyd's return was looming so there was too much pressure and he just didn't deliver.

This time he is, looks like he's enjoying his football at long last.

Thats fine but at Rangers you need to be big enough to step up when the pressure is on. Perhaps Boyd's presence is a hindrance to Lafferty, I hadn't really thought of that before. Either way, we need a Lafferty that scores consistently and shows the right attitude.. If he does that, I'm sure most would be happy to see him on the team sheet.