Chelsea release Gallas statement

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/foot...ea/5314292.stm

"The issue was purely one of money, despite his public comments that he wanted a new challenge, to play abroad and so forth. These were just a smokescreen to cover up the fact he was hawking himself to the highest bidder.

Before the first game of the season against Manchester City, when only four defenders were available and John Terry was doubtful with an injury, he refused to play.

"He went on to threaten that if he was forced to play, or if he was disciplined and financially punished for his breach of the rules, that he could score an own goal or get himself sent off, or make deliberate mistakes.

He seems a bit of a nutcase but a good player too. I think him and JM never got on from day 1.

maybe the club are the ones lying here....??

:sigh:

That's what people are beginning to think. Ex Chelsea managers and ex players are now coming out and saying that they don't believe Gallas would say something like that.

he`ll go down in history as a bastard|!

Did his parents have him out of wedlock then ? Because if not your statemnt is factually inaccurate :D

Don't believe all the press you read. It is very surprising for a player to do that - not saying he didn't but how do you KNOW that the Chelsea statement is factual ?

Mourinho, Abroamovic and the rest of the Chelski mafia seem to think they are above the law. Surely conversations lke these should remain private - it was never a secret Gallas wanted to leave, they wanted Cole so everyone worked out a winner. To then release this statement looks petty and vindictive and I find it very hard to believe that Gallas would say such a thing.

yeah, i'd certainly sue if it weren't true. i also think its a bit rich (sic) to talk about him being a money grabber when the entirety of chelsea's success is built on the premise that they can pay more for players and their wages than anyone else.