Lennon added: "I read Andy's quotes and I'm not going to come down hard on him at all.

"What's he said that is going to be motivational for Rangers? That we deserved better over the three Old Firm games? Well, I think that's a fair point, is it not?

"It's just as motivational as Nacho Novo talking about our players.

"He was just talking about the Old Firm games and he felt that we deserved more and I agree with him.

"I thought the first Old Firm game was pretty even. The talking points were the penalty decisions and we should have had one or two and that would have changed the course of the game.

"The second game was all us and that was one that got away from us.

"We got the goal but couldn't shut the door.

Shut it ya wee scrote :spl: :giruy: :robbo:

Guest Flying Hippo

He has a point about the New Year game. We had just scored 20 goals in our last 4 games yet still played backs to the wall, uber-defensive football at the Piggerie, and were lucky to escape with a point. I really hope we don't play in a similar vein on Tuesday, the league is won, let's go for it

He has a point about the New Year game. We had just scored 20 goals in our last 4 games yet still played backs to the wall, uber-defensive football at the Piggerie, and were lucky to escape with a point. I really hope we don't play in a similar vein on Tuesday, the league is won, let's go for it

But we were missing a few players that match.

We'd been on a great run yeah, but a bunch of the players responsible for it being such a good run were either suspended or injured for the OF game; our resources were somewhat depleted and under those circumstances, given what was at stake, being a bit defensive was understandable.

This time there's nothing at stake so we should be able to afford a more attacking lineup.

I'd laugh if Boyd scored though - still wouldn't have scored a meaningful goal against Celtic.

Guest Flying Hippo
But we were missing a few players that match.

The tone was set when Novo had to go off injured after just 10 minutes and Walter brought on Edu rather than Fleck and shifted Davis wide right. Basically from that exact moment onwards, our exciting, attacking football was over not just for the game but for the season. I think Davis has played central midfield just twice since that game.

I just hope we're a lot more expansive tommorow night. Given the lack of importance, i'd rather we went for it and lost (which we probably wouldn't anyway) then played for a draw and got one

And then you complain if anyone says anything against Lafferty. :confused:

Very, very sad.

GOT YE :D

I left that line in for you and you alone. Glad you enjoyed it. And yes, feel flattered :)