Shota Arveladze wants to take Boyd to Kayserispor

Guest Flying Hippo
How? He isn't Danny Wilson. Do you think all our players that leave in the summer will eventually end up playing for them?

Seems a rather silly suggestion to say the least.

Scenario - He flops in England and wants a return to the SPL, but only one club can afford him and it isn't Rangers

It's hardly incredibly unrealistic. Players go where the offers are, hypothetical preferences are irrelevant

Edited by Flying Hippo

The Sun have no shame. With a shortage of REAL news, they just make up sensational lies. The journo that wrote the article is Iain King. Shame on him for stooping so low and shame on the rag's editor/s for allowing such drivel to go to print.

They can laugh all they want, but it doesn't change the fact that their beloved hoops won fcuk all this year while we won 2IAR and secured a double without spending on players. :flipa::giruy::flipa:

Guest Flying Hippo

Iain King has a penchant for strange reporting

He once published a story about a poster on Follow Follow making his own 'Ricksen for captain' website after Barry Ferguson left in 2003

And yes, that poster was me ;) (17 at the time....)

Scenario - He flops in England and wants a return to the SPL, but only one club can afford him and it isn't Rangers

It's hardly incredibly unrealistic. Players go where the offers are, hypothetical preferences are irrelevant

I find unrealistic, sorry. If he flops in the EPL there is always the Championship and abroad. Don't think he would go there at all.

Not one player who has left here has gone to Celtic barring Miller, so you assume most former players nowadays will go there which I find, silly. There is loyalty to a former club and never signing for a rival. Plus Boyd is a fan does that not mean anything? He would snub them.

Plus signing Boyd an anti celtic type player would that help their season books along? :whistle:

Iain King has a penchant for strange reporting

Writing that drivel and spelling his name 'Bhoydy' in the headline is beyond strange, it's the work of a paedophilic basket-weaver. These gutter rags don't even care about their reputation or integrity. All they care about is selling papers to anyone dumb enough to buy them.

Guest Flying Hippo

Not one player who has left here has gone to Celtic barring Miller

Steven Pressley?

Barry Robson?

Mark Brown?

I'm not saying it's inevitable or even very likely, but i wouldn't rule it out

Absolute bullshit from the lowest of the low. The Scottish Scum have lowered the bar again with this one. Absolute fook all happening so lets make up a story. Even their made up stories are usually better than this one!

Not a chance of Boyd joining the unwashed - his family would be hounded out of their home. Die-hard bluenoses the lot of them.

Just a pathetic story from the Sun.

Boydy's dad thinks it would be a good option for him to move south for the money, however his mother doesn't want him to leave scotland.

Boyd's preffered option was to stay at Rangers but only if Watty signed a new contract - hence the wait on his future.

I'm pretty sure he will sign a new deal in the coming weeks.

May 26 2010 By Scott McDermott

DADO PRSO left Ibrox in tears, on crutches and broken-hearted that his time at Rangers - and his career - was over.

Given the chance he would never have left Glasgow, having grown to love the city and the club in the space of just three years.

The big Croatian striker was signed by Alex McLeish on a Bosman but was an instant hit with the light blue legions for his all-action style and eye for goal.

He was devastated when a knee injury cut short his time at Rangers and he was forced to hang up his boots at 33.

That's why he can't understand current hero Kris Boyd opting to leave the club he loves for pastures new.

Due to the perilous financial state at Ibrox Boyd has decided to reject a new contract offer to try his luck in the English Premiership next season.

After four-and-a-half years and 132 goals for Gers he won't be wearing the No.9 shirt in Govan next season. And his former strike partner feels he's making the biggest mistake of his life.

Prso insists Boyd will experience a whole different ball game in England compared to what he's used to in the SPL and has urged his old pal to perform a U-turn and stay in Glasgow.

Along with Nacho Novo, who also left Rangers by signing for Spanish side Sporting Gijon last week, he thinks the pair are wrong to jump ship for more money elsewhere.

Prso said: "Boyd was born to play for Rangers and to play in Scotland. If I was him, I'd never leave Ibrox. If he wants to listen to me, I'd tell him not to go anywhere and stay put.

"I can understand the attraction of playing for Alex at Birmingham but he should never leave Rangers. He was born to score goals for that team.

"England will be very difficult for him - it's a different game altogether. I'm not sure if he can succeed in the Premiership and he will find it a lot harder.

"It's the same for Nacho going to Spain. Scottish football is totally different to the Spanish or English game.

"Both of them will find it difficult. I understand Nacho is Spanish and he wants to try La Liga. But he's also half-Scottish!

"Boyd can go on to be a big striker in Scotland for Rangers so why leave? When something's working why try to change it? Especially when you're already at a huge club like Rangers.

"He will make more money in England but that shouldn't be important. It should be about what's important to you in life, not about how big your house is.

"Boyd is young and he has time on his side. He can still earn a lot of money, win titles and play in the Champions League. That's special and he must realise that.

"I left Rangers earlier than I wanted due to injury. I'd have given everything to have the chance he has to stay.

"When I was there I used to tell him and the other players to never leave. They all know what I think." Prso enjoyed a productive partnership with both Novo and Boyd but his pairing with the Spaniard proved particularly successful under McLeish when Rangers won the SPL title in 2005.

He was surprised to hear that Novo had opted for a return to his homeland but offered Gers gaffer Smith hope that by finding players like Prso and Novo for a combined total of �£300,000 Eck proved you don't need money to achieve success.

Dado said: "I have great memories of playing beside Nacho. I'm disappointed to hear he has left as I think it would have been best for him to finish his career at Rangers.

"He did a great job for the club and he'll be a big loss. When you sign someone new you never know how much time he's going to need to succeed.

"It can take months, years or sometimes it never happens. With Nacho you knew what you were going to get every time he went on the pitch.

"We had an excellent partnership and I enjoyed playing beside him. It was difficult in the beginning but after we got to know each other it was brilliant. I like Nacho's mentality.

"I know of the financial problems there and Walter doesn't have money to spend on players.

"But Alex proved by signing myself and Nacho, you don't need it for success. I was a free transfer and Nacho cost �£300,000.

"You need to find the guys who really want to come and play for Rangers - they must have the mentality we had.

"Walter will do that, I'm not worried. You will always find players wanting to play for a club like Rangers. Even with no money, you can still achieve success.

"When I was there we had tough times. But with hungry Scottish players we succeeded, not with the foreigners."