Where has this �£5M figure been quoted from?

I dunno but it seems to be a general figure that has come to light. I would say its fairly accurate, part of season ticket sales and CL money. That figure does seem to include wages of extra individuals that may be added on bosmans.

As the wage budget is not allowed to be increase this season any transfer will obviously increase the wage budget e.g. we add a �£1m player plus �£500k wages per year that would mean �£3.5m. It is a prudent way of working the market but it will not please the fans.

I also think we would only get half the transfer fees from potential sales.

[/slight ramble]

I can at most see us adding 4 players, more likely 3 will come in. I would say we need 6 (RB,LB, CB, RW, LW and a Striker now that Boyd has gone). I can see us dumping the option of the 2 wingers and going for Naismith, Davis, Lafferty and Fleck out wide.

Where has this �£5M figure been quoted from?

For Bougherra ? There are a number of press articles quoting that figure.

EDIT: I see you mean the amount we have to spend. Sorry bout that.

I think there are some surmising as we do have "some" of the CL money to spend. Someone might be able to point you in the direction of an article though.

I dunno but it seems to be a general figure that has come to light. I would say its fairly accurate, part of season ticket sales and CL money. That figure does seem to include wages of extra individuals that may be added on bosmans.

As the wage budget is not allowed to be increase this season any transfer will obviously increase the wage budget e.g. we add a �£1m player plus �£500k wages per year that would mean �£3.5m. It is a prudent way of working the market but it will not please the fans.

I also think we would only get half the transfer fees from potential sales.

[/slight ramble]

I can at most see us adding 4 players, more likely 3 will come in. I would say we need 6 (RB,LB, CB, RW, LW and a Striker now that Boyd has gone). I can see us dumping the option of the 2 wingers and going for Naismith, Davis, Lafferty and Fleck out wide.

Not so. We have also lost 4 players so the wages have already decreased. We should have capacity to replace those 4, simplistically speaking, with 4 Bosmans (on same wages) and be in a position of status quo.

The 5 mill would, I presume, be like a "Football Manager" scenario in that you can use it but it will be a combination of transfer fees AND wages - although if more is used on wages then there would likely be a discount on the spending as the wages would be over a longer period.

Of course, it could be that we have 5 mill to spend on bringing players in (i.e. transfer fees) but we must STILL remain within the 16 million playing staff wage budget we have currently - which means that we will have no option but to have a smaller squad unless the players we bring in can be done so on lower wages than those who departed.

But having 5, or even 10, million to spend doesnt mean a great deal if we can only do so within the current wage constraints - unless the very high earners leave then the transfer fees wont make an ounce of a difference because the chances of being able to sign a 2 or 3 million pound player on the same, or lower, wages than the departures is slim.