Whilst we supposedly have 5 mill to spend we have also been told that the wages are to remain no higher than they currently are - so there is a balancing act between fees (the rumoured 5 mill) and wages.

We have lost some players but those we have lost weren't, as far as I am aware, our higher earners.

Novo

Smith

Boyd

Beasley

Beasley was probably the highest paid and I dont think Novo or Smith were highly paid - Boyd was on what ? 10-12k a week ?

So we could get three 2 million pound players but we also have to attract them from within the current wage structure.

It isnt quite as simple as "we have 5 mill to spend - or 13 with sales - so lets go spend it" - it is a balancing act, one which might not be that easy in a WC year.

Just saying....

Guest Flying Hippo

On top of the players i listed, we need at least 5 others

As it stands we'd be absolutely screwed if Papac, Whittaker, Weir/Webster, Davis, or Miller got any kind of long term injury

On top of the players i listed, we need at least 5 others

As it stands we'd be absolutely screwed if Papac, Whittaker, Weir/Webster, Davis, or Miller got any kind of long term injury

Not really, you apply for dispensation and an emergency loan signing. Like Man City did when Given got injured.

Guest Flying Hippo

You can only do that with goalkeepers. FIFA/The SFA aren't going to reward a team for cutting their squad to 14 players by telling them to forget about transfer windows and just sign a player when they need one

That's probably my major concern, squad depth. Assuming that Bougherra and Wilson both go, say for a combined �£10 million, we would really need to splash that on at least 3 defenders i'd say. That would leave us with Weir and Webster as our central defence, one a guy of 40 who surely can't play every league game again and the other an injury prone player who's just had the best season of his career. Add in the fact we have no genuine cover for Whittaker and Papac if Broadfoot also goes and we could be in serious trouble. Could be. Throw into the equation that we still have no real creativity and no real width in the team and Walter doesn't have his problems to seek this close season. Can see it being a busy summer on the transfer front for us.

i think our squad next season will be this

alexander

cerny 1 million

whittaker

bradfoot

weir

tonel 1.5 million

stranzl 1 million

webster

wilson

papac

wallace 2 million

davis

orbertan on loan

edu

thomson

mcculloch

ledley bosman

naismith

driver 2 million

fleck

lafferty

miller

velicka

goodwillie 1.5 million

youngsters

perry

wylde

shinnie

ness

little

loy

sell

mcgregor 6 million

bougherra 7 million

Guest Flying Hippo

lmao have you been playing Football Manager mate?

McGregor won't leave. The only 2 clubs who may have been potentially interested were Birmingham and Tottenham and Birmingham have just signed Ben Foster and Spurs have just extended Carlo Cudicini's contract

i think our squad next season will be this

alexander

cerny 1 million

whittaker

bradfoot

weir

tonel 1.5 million

stranzl 1 million

webster

wilson

papac

wallace 2 million

davis

orbertan on loan

edu

thomson

mcculloch

ledley bosman

naismith

driver 2 million

fleck

lafferty

miller

velicka

goodwillie 1.5 million

youngsters

perry

wylde

shinnie

ness

little

loy

sell

mcgregor 6 million

bougherra 7 million

We won't get �£6m for McGregor or �£7m for Bougherra imo. More like �£4m & �£5m respectively if they're both sold, which is �£4m short of your total target price for those 2 players.

FWIW, I really like your suggestions of Cerny & Wallace, especially Wallace. Excellent LB who's possibly Scotland's best home-grown talent in that position at the moment. I doubt that we'll sign either of them though...

I know a lot of Bears would like us to sign Goodwillie, but TBPH we can't afford him. He's probably worth more than �£1.5m.

Guest Flying Hippo

There's no value for money in SPL signings. They would have to be a standout performer every single week and in Europe (like Hutton was) for us to make a profit on them