Gersnet Football Awards - The Results!

Obviously Lafferty was going to win it - Thomson was far worse but is a lot more popular than Kyle will ever be. Naismith is too low key to win such an ignomous award.

Obviously Lafferty was going to win it - Thomson was far worse but is a lot more popular than Kyle will ever be. Naismith is too low key to win such an ignomous award.

Absolutely NO WAY was Thomson "far worse" than Lafferty - I dont care how biased you would be for either player - there is no way tthat Thomson could have been considered far worse than Lafferty this season.

On the basis that Lafferty had maybe 4 or 5 decent games the whole season that alone would be enough to conclude Thomson wasnt "far worse"

EDIT : Maybe a wee bit too aggressive in trying to get my point across there - apologies for that :(

Edited by craig

Thomson didn't have a great season and certainly didn't contribute any goals like Lafferty did towards the tail end.

However, he certainly wasn't far worse and, while I personally voted for Rothen, the votes speak for themselves... :whistle:

Guest Northampton_loyalist

Thommo started his season badly but I think a huge part of that can be put down to our haste in rushing back injured players. He improved as the season wore on and there were, for me at least, a good number who should have been linked with 'worst player' well before him. As Frankie says, Rothen is kind of hard to see past for that award.