As for PLG, I find it hard to accept that we hired him without scrutinising his management plan in detail - instead he didn't seem even to have one - which just exemplifies the impulsive nature of Murray's leadership style.

Have to disagree with this MF. I personally think that PLG did indeed have a plan and I think it would definitely have been discussed in detail before he was given the job.

The fact of the matter is that PLG unfortunately got off to a horrific start with his dressing room relations for various reasons, but primarily the Ricksen incident en route to the pre-season tour where he sent Ricksen straight home for what he deemed as unacceptable conduct on the plane trip out. That incident instantly drew a big fat line between himself and a certain group of players in the dressing room including Ricksen's buddy Barry.

FWIW, I think PLG also made a big mistake in coming to Scotland unable to speaky de lingo. Players might be able to get away with that coming to a club like Rangers, but not a manager. Had PLG been a fluent or at least reasonably good English speaker, there's no way his time here would have been so short, no way!.

Zappa , PLG was arrogant , he never watched the shambles of a team he was inheriting , he bought very poorly , his training methods were redundant , and his overall demenour was of someone with no plan . Remember at LYON he was only the head coach he had no say in player recruitment and basically he was not strong enough , the fault was everyone believed the myth without looking at how Lyon were set up , just look at how his career has continued in a downward spiral.

I am afraid Maineflyer is correct just another in a long line of poor Murray decisions , and also his english was quite good at the start but got worse funnily as the season went by , strange that .

His English wasn't good at the start at all rbr. His initial press conferences consisted of well-practiced speeches, but the truth of the matter is that his spoken English language was practically non-existent. You only have to listen to him speaking English now - 4 years down the line - to appreciate this. He can still hardly string a sensible sentence together!!

His English wasn't good at the start at all rbr. His initial press conferences consisted of well-practiced speeches, but the truth of the matter is that his spoken English language was practically non-existent. You only have to listen to him speaking English now - 4 years down the line - to appreciate this. He can still hardly string a sensible sentence together!!

I know the old Doc very very well , trust me his english was good enough

I know the old Doc very very well , trust me his english was good enough

Mate, I've heard him speaking English in recent interviews from this year and he still can't speak the lingo, so I'm sorry, but I don't believe for one minute that his English was good enough when he came to this club and that's actually not PLG's fault, it's Murray's fault for hiring him, so we all agree on something. At the end of the day, Murray should never have hired a manager that couldn't speak English to a good level and PLG couldn't.

I didn't mean to open another enquiry into PLG. I just didn't think it was an astute decision to take him into the club at a time when things were at such a low ebb. If he arrived with a plan then he didn't show it in his choice of signings, he didn't show it in his man management, and he sure as hell didn't show it in his ridiculous tactics. If what he showed us was discussed in advance, in detail, then he either changed his mind after getting the job or no one who knew about Rangers or football asked any meaningful questions. If Murray genuinely knew what he was getting with PLG then he's an even bigger mug than I thought. I think it's nearer the truth that Murray's ego told him he could make the appointment on intuitive judgement alone.

I didn't mean to open another enquiry into PLG. I just didn't think it was an astute decision to take him into the club at a time when things were at such a low ebb. If he arrived with a plan then he didn't show it in his choice of signings, he didn't show it in his man management, and he sure as hell didn't show it in his ridiculous tactics. If what he showed us was discussed in advance, in detail, then he either changed his mind after getting the job or no one who knew about Rangers or football asked any meaningful questions. If Murray genuinely knew what he was getting with PLG then he's an even bigger mug than I thought. I think it's nearer the truth that Murray's ego told him he could make the appointment on intuitive judgement alone.

Hindsight is a wonderful thing , compare and contrast , Lyon ,a club with no where near our history , however a club with an owner who is comparible in wealth to our own , a club with no where near our support before they reorganised and rebuilt ,a club who's owner is involved in every decision that affects the team so much so that every player they buy must add value to the squad , and players they believe are expendibale are allowed to leave no matter the short term pain, Juninho anyone.

PLG was head coach but had no direct input into player selection ,and that as they say is that , yes hindsight is a wonderful thing but to have an owner with foresight is a very very fortunate thing , and something we may never have

In that context, it's less of an issue whether Ellis buys the club or not - than how he will lead it if he does.

Dont go there please .......... but I suppose the general pretext is the same , we may even look back and say Murray was the greatest owner we never had in a way

I didn't mean to open another enquiry into PLG. I just didn't think it was an astute decision to take him into the club at a time when things were at such a low ebb.

Surely it's fine for the discussion to progress though? The mention of PLG sends sparks flying, so it's understandable that people would want to discuss it.

If he arrived with a plan then he didn't show it in his choice of signings, he didn't show it in his man management, and he sure as hell didn't show it in his ridiculous tactics.

I would have to disagree with these points as well MF. Ok, his signings didn't appear to be stellar, but they mostly weren't given the chance to prove themselves after PLG's demise.

As for his man management, that was a disaster before the season even started, but it wasn't PLG that was acting like a prize tit on the airplane, it was a cocky arsed player that was put in his place by being told to pack his bags and go home. Fair dos IMO.

If what he showed us was discussed in advance, in detail, then he either changed his mind after getting the job or no one who knew about Rangers or football asked any meaningful questions.

That's utter tripe IMO. :)