I agree PLG may have been a bit arrogant but there is nothing wrong with that. Wenger and Ferguson are both arrogant and look how good they are!!

I also think PLG did come with a long term plan but tried to get his methods over far too quickly and the players (especially the Scots) just didnt like it. For that early days he made enemies within rather than gain the respect he should have. From then on the team performances suffered.

I agree PLG may have been a bit arrogant but there is nothing wrong with that. Wenger and Ferguson are both arrogant and look how good they are!!

I also think PLG did come with a long term plan but tried to get his methods over far too quickly and the players (especially the Scots) just didnt like it. For that early days he made enemies within rather than gain the respect he should have. From then on the team performances suffered.

The day Barry Ferguson came back into the team PLG was a goner. We were playing excellent football up until that point. The enemy within is far stronger than the enemy you know you are fighting. My respect for BF is 0.001. Everyone was to blame but him. Funny how we are actually winning leagues since he left which we were not doing with him as captain. PLG's big mistake was to change a winning team by letting BF back in.

Guest Flying Hippo
The day Barry Ferguson came back into the team PLG was a goner. We were playing excellent football up until that point. The enemy within is far stronger than the enemy you know you are fighting. My respect for BF is 0.001. Everyone was to blame but him. Funny how we are actually winning leagues since he left which we were not doing with him as captain. PLG's big mistake was to change a winning team by letting BF back in.

Our record before Barry returned from injury was Played 5 Won 2 Drew 3 so it wasn't like we'd made an amazing start to the season without him. Barry's performances were fine that season and the season afterwards (07/08) was by far the best season of his 2nd spell at the club

Our record before Barry returned from injury was Played 5 Won 2 Drew 3 so it wasn't like we'd made an amazing start to the season without him. Barry's performances were fine that season and the season afterwards (07/08) was by far the best season of his 2nd spell at the club

Should have been Won 3 Drew 2 though. :)

That 2-2 with dundee Utd was a freak score. It should have been 8-2.

so thats it then, it was all fergusons fault!

Im glad you cleared that up.

Guest Flying Hippo
Aye & that spanner Buffel should have had a hat-trick at Firpark.

We still won that match ;)

Crazily we went from playing outstanding football in our first 2 games, to absolute hellish garbage in our 3rd match at Dunfermline

He should still have scored those goals Hippo. It was one of those games where the scoreline made us look far worse than we were on a day where we tore a team a new one. Shocking stuff & I'd bet that Buffel will never forget it.

Guest Flying Hippo

Yeah the opening match of the PLG reign is easily amongst the best football i've ever witnessed from Rangers. Though by the second match against Dundee United, the biggest problem had emerged; just how do you fit Kris Boyd into a 4-2-3-1 formation? After drawing against Dundee United and Dunfermline, the 4-2-3-1 was abandoned (for most games anyway) to accomodate Boyd and our flowing football abandoned with it. Not that i'm blaming Boyd for that; this was in the days before 'Boyd debates' had begun and i think everyone wanted him in the team every week. He also put in a very good shift as a lone striker away to Livorno

so thats it then, it was all fergusons fault!

Im glad you cleared that up.

No problem you should have asked me sooner,i thought it was quite obvious.