I think for Scotland to become a proud and prosperous nation again we have to start taking the lead in certain directions. I think we should be aiming to be the first carbon neutral country in Europe using offshore wind farms, hydro-electric, wave and tidal power as well as whatever solar power we can use and anything else that has low to zero carbon and other pollutants. Boosted by more controllable nuclear power to balance the grid the investment would create jobs, establish us as a world leader in environmentally friendly generation of power and have Scotland once again at the forefront of doing something good for the world.

Law should provide that all new buildings are of maximum insulation within affordability as well as recycling waste water for flushing toilets, washing machines, stand pipes and other uses where high quality drinking water is not needed. Water could also be collected from the roofs, mildly treated and added to this reserve.

As for solar power, I don't know how effective it is in Scotland but couldn't we invent a separate circuit whereby all electrical devices that have standby firstly have low wattage in that mode and also have a fourth pin that connects to this solar circuit which powers all standby devices? That way we could leave our stuff on standby, carbon, pollution and cost free. That's just the tip of the iceberg.

Anyway, it's just a thought. Scotland used to lead the world in so much, now we seem to be bottom of all divisions going.

I'd also like to see massive investment and cultural focus on health and sport to create a healthier, fitter nation, who provide quality players of many sports that give us reason to be proud and for the rest of the nation to aspire to and be inspired by.

Re-establishing our reputation as great educators would complete a hat-trick of goals which could transform our country from a British and European backwater, to a place which is considered to have the best and most desirable standard of living in Europe.

I think the Scottish Parliament gives us the opportunity to pursue such lofty ambitions. But maybe it's but a pipe dream.

It isn't nonsense - at least not as far as the Ellis deal was concerned. They wanted to be taken out completely.

It's hardly surprising - it's a variation of what they did with the �£150m debt for equity swap in MIH, the only difference being that they would then sell Rangers to Ellis, because they don't want to own a football club.

Before you start pasting in stock market text, I'm not saying LBG currently "owns" Rangers' equity. :)

Anyway, it's all water under the bridge now so it doesn't really matter. Whether or not LBG's 'call' on Rangers has changed, and to what extent, I honestly don't know.

You're right it isn't nonsense it's unadulterated bollox. More disinformation from people "with their finger on the pulse".....:whistle:

"If your actions inspire others to dream more, learn more, do more and become more, you are a leader"

If yeah, whatever is the riposte of one of our would be leaders EH??!!! , things can only get worse. :confused:

I made a statement.

You told everyone it was nonsense.

I explained my statement.

You told me I was talking bollox.

I said "whatever".

Not much for folks to worry about, if indeed they care! :D

Edited by Union City Blue

I made a statement.

You told everyone it was nonsense.

I explained my statement.

You told me I was talking bollox.

I said "whatever".

Not much for folks to worry about, if indeed they care! :D

Just to reiterate your statement regarding the bank was and is utter bollox, unless of course you can prove otherwise. Blondie must have the dry boak.....:giruy:

Just to reiterate your statement regarding the bank was and is utter bollox, unless of course you can prove otherwise. Blondie must have the dry boak.....:giruy:

Funny.

I made a statement then I explained it. All you've done is say "nonsense", "bollox" and "bollox".

Please can you explain what the bank DID actually want then? Thanks.

Funny.

I made a statement then I explained it. All you've done is say "nonsense", "bollox" and "bollox".

Please can you explain what the bank DID actually want then? Thanks.

What the bank required and agreed was explained in full by AJ. A reduction in the overdraft of �£1 million per annum.

Long term legally agreed loans are just that, if any bank scuppered any buyout of any company, because they refused any possible new owner a viable operating remit, that would become very public and very messy.

So in essence your take is that "the bank" required settlement in full to allow the sale of something they did not own, how novel, the new way of high finance, shoot yourself in the head and the foot.

Fantastic! :D

1) AJ has never, ever, ever commented on the bank's requirements regarding a sale. You are talking about the wrong thing, which has nothing to do with what I'd said.

2) In any event, RFC has a substantial credit facility as well as a loan. It is this - as I (and others) have explained before - that is reviewed periodically and is what the bank has been trying to squeeze - not the long term loan, which everyone agrees is/was perfectly servicable. However, they wanted the O/S overdraft paid in full, and the loan too. They wanted cash and they wanted out. They called the shots. That is why they took a �£150m stake in Murray's business from him and why the sale price for RFC was so low.

3) There is no publicity downside for the bank effectively blocking a deal if this news is never disclosed or discussed in the media i.e. in this case. It was simply one of several reasons why Ellis never went ahead. He couldn't afford to take them out completely, pay Murray a reasonable amount and invest in the club. So it didn't work on either side.

My conclusion, I'm afraid, is that you don't really know what you're taking about (maybe your grandson's stopped taking your calls?) and consequently, you are talking .. well ... erm... BOLLOX!