Broadfoot signs new 3 year deal

Guest Flying Hippo

Guest Flying Hippo

Although his departure would've caused me no loss of sleep, i do feel it's a good sign that someone has put pen to paper and proven that we are at least capable of offering players new contracts

Squad for next season now stands at:

GK - Alexander, McGregor

DF - Whittaker, Broadfoot, Papac, Bougherra, Wilson, Webster

MD - Davis, McCulloch, Edu, Thomson, Fleck

ST - Naismith, Miller, Lafferty, Velicka, Little

The mighty 18

I think it's good that he's signed on again, assuming he's over his injury problems, he can be an important player for us and his attitude is spot on, not to mention the fact he doesn't hide in matches.

Like the others if he left I wouldnt have lost sleep but what his this does is give cover all over the back four as he can play centre half and RB. Plus if we need cover at LB Whittaker can move over and Kirk covers Whittaker.

But the lack of width in the squad is concerning. It means our most creative player (Davis) will once again be pushed out right when he should be are main man in the centre. And the likes of Naismith and Lafferty will be played wide also. Lafferty especially should play through the middle...as for Naismith I dont rate him at all.

Squad for next season now stands at:

GK - Alexander, McGregor

DF - Whittaker, Broadfoot, Papac, Bougherra, Wilson, Webster

MD - Davis, McCulloch, Edu, Thomson, Fleck

ST - Naismith, Miller, Lafferty, Velicka, Little

The mighty 18

If we can hold onto Bougherra it would be superb and its likely Weir will have another 1 year deal. That would probably give us just enough in defence.

We are fine for centre midfield and Fleck could be given a chance in an advanced attacking role playing behind strikers. But the width is non existant.

Upfront numbers are ok but quality is poor. Miller and Lafferty would be my starting duo but the other 3 dont do anything for my confidence.

There is no doubt we will add to this but just who and when is the question. Id say a player in each position is required.

Guest Flying Hippo

Assuming Weir stays and one from Wilson and Bougherra leaves, i'd like us to sign Goncalves (who would also provide left back cover if needed), a winger capable of playing both sides, and a striker

Not asking for too much surely

Assuming Weir stays and one from Wilson and Bougherra leaves, i'd like us to sign Goncalves (who would also provide left back cover if needed), a winger capable of playing both sides, and a striker

Thats about the same as I hope for, but a winger who plays BOTH sides is stretching your wishes there!! :)

Still the possibility of getting Obertan on loan from Man Utd and Id take that for a season.

Depends on income obviously but I'd like to think we could do better than Goncalves - unless the manager intends to go with Webster and Weir as first choice.