Typically disrespectful, typically unambitious, typically Scottish professional.

Why? Maybe he doesn't think him, his burd or kids will settle in Turkey. Why uproot them to another country, another culture when you're not 100% convinced about the move?

Of course, he might've just not fancied it.

Why?

Not even going to speak in person is disrespectful; he needn't have taken his family with him and it would have taken one day there and back.

Going to the English 2nd division may be an accurate reflection of Boyd's overall ability, but it speaks volumes about his level of ambition - that's just unarguable.

And if anyone thinks exposing your family to the culture of north east England is doing your family a service, I would beg to differ. Of course it's a free country and he can do what he likes, but my chastisement stands.

I wouldn't be interested in moving to Turkey.

I don't see how you can say Boyd is being disrespectful to Arveladze. He didn't want to go, end of.

Just say your mates phone you and invite you to the pub, you decline saying you'd rather have a few bottles in the house. Are you showing disrespect to your mates because you never went out even for a wee while?

Boyd has shown a massive lack of ambition signing for Chesney. Will be a while before he play's in europe again or wins a trophy. I liked Boyd, But I am very dissapointed with his choice to leave Rangers for a club like Boro...

I wouldn't be interested in moving to Turkey.

I don't see how you can say Boyd is being disrespectful to Arveladze. He didn't want to go, end of.

Could have just said that couldn't he? Rather than leaving Arveladze in limbo by stalling, he could have just been straight up honest and said 'no, I don't want to join your team'.

Just say your mates phone you and invite you to the pub, you decline saying you'd rather have a few bottles in the house. Are you showing disrespect to your mates because you never went out even for a wee while?

A bit too trivial to be a valid example, but to make it accurate your scenario should include ignoring their texts or calls or maybe getting another m8 to get in touch with them saying you might not be out.

Boyd has shown a massive lack of ambition signing for Chesney. Will be a while before he play's in europe again or wins a trophy. I liked Boyd, But I am very dissapointed with his choice to leave Rangers for a club like Boro...

Boyd hardly played in Europe for us ;)

Could have just said that couldn't he? Rather than leaving Arveladze in limbo by stalling, he could have just been straight up honest and said 'no, I don't want to join your team'.

A bit too trivial to be a valid example, but to make it accurate your scenario should include ignoring their texts or calls or maybe getting another m8 to get in touch with them saying you might not be out.

Boyd might come out and say he did text and phone Shota. Who's lying?

If Boyd did basically ignore Shota then yes, it does show a remarkable lack of respect towards him.