well who is he going to get ahead off , if we sign him . strange at best

i would imagine wilson and bougie'll be gone, so there's only webster/weir after that. we'll be lucky to get a full season out of weir. you need three centre halves.

i would imagine wilson and bougie'll be gone, so there's only webster/weir after that. we'll be lucky to get a full season out of weir. you need three centre halves.

If we get money and I mean decent money for either or both , then I would hope we would be looking at better than Goncalves to be honest , if this is where we are at , it's going to be a long hard season

Guest Flying Hippo

I really struggle to understand the negativity about a free transfer who has Champions League experience and can play centre half, left back, and holding midfield

If we get money and I mean decent money for either or both , then I would hope we would be looking at better than Goncalves to be honest , if this is where we are at , it's going to be a long hard season

That'll leave us with three decent centre halves and hopefully with money to re-invest in creative players. I think Weir/Webster/this dude will be the kind of level of centre half we can realistically expect, excepting when we find something really special. How much have you seen of this lad to know he's not going to be as good?

Guest Flying Hippo

If Bougherra leaves, the money should be reinvested in at least 2 wide men (Brunt will probably be one of them)

We do not need a �£3-4 million centre half

I don't know why people want two wingers. Are we planning on the, as the WC has taught us, old fashioned 442 system? Or are we talking to wide men in a 5 man midfield with one striker?

If we're thinking 442 I'd prefer three ordinary midfielders, one behind the strikers, and one winger.

Edited by bmck

Guest Flying Hippo
I don't know why people want two wingers. Are we planning on the, as the WC has taught us, old fashioned 442 system? Or are we talking to wide men in a 5 man midfield with one striker?

If we're thinking 442 I'd prefer three ordinary midfielders, one behind the strikers, and one winger.

Another season of Davis wide right and Naismith wide left is unthinkable

Walter is an old fashioned manager who only knows 4-4-2, 4-5-1, and 3-5-2. There will be no new-age formations sadly

We doubted Weir would last the past last season and he surprised us all......

We doubted Weir would last the past last season and he surprised us all......

I know, I felt bad for even saying it. But if we do lose the desperately-wanting-away duo then don't have decent backup while ignoring a solid bosman then people'll moan. If anything happens to DW this season - form drop, injury, possible things - then he'd be accused of being naive that it would go as seemlessly as it has before. DW is also slow and makes us have to sit back - against 99% of people this isn't a problem, but given that neither Webster or Weir is quick, it's good to have a fairly quick option there.