Poverty Stricken... Or Living with our means?

Chelsea and Man Utd will most probably have bigger squads than us and more than likely not need to strengthen as much we do and i believe we have a team squad of 20 players of which 8 are in the last season of their contracts, its very frustrating that it seems to be very quiet in our house :(

Chelsea and Man Utd will most probably have bigger squads than us and more than likely not need to strengthen as much we do and i believe we have a team squad of 20 players of which 8 are in the last season of their contracts, its very frustrating that it seems to be very quiet in our house :(

You miss my point.

You said that we were doing nothing and it looked like the reason you suggested it was because we dont have any signings yet.

I merely asked if you felt that Man U and Chelsea were doing nothing as they also havent made any signings. No comparison of the squads. We all know that both these teams will make signings this pre-season but they havent as yet - does that mean they are doing nothing ? I highly doubt it.

Also, you need to look at this pre-season differently due to it being a WC year.

Season ended mid-end may, WC started June 11 - that left a month in between and national squads were training and preparing at least two weeks in advance.

There has been very little time to carry out signings or signing talks since the season ended. Admittedly those not involved in the WC would be available for talks but most would have been on holiday anyway.

And then we also have to remember that the transfer window is two months long and we are only 10 days into it - there is no need to panic just because Celtic are adding players:

Du Ri... Hinkel isnt that bad that Du Ri is a significant improvement.

Campbell - still not signed

Ledley - looking likely but still no confirmation

The rest they have are trialists - they are not strengthening significantly thus far even if they ARE appearing more active.

Or are they more active ? Their transfer dealings are being done in the public domain and one has to suspect it is to show their fans they are trying to get players in, such that they can sell slow-moving season books.

I know we havent signed anyone permanently for a while - but WS almost always has his dealings dealt with quietly and more secretively - and when a signing is made it usually is one which surprises us and the player hasnt been spoken about in the press.

I highly doubt we are "doing nothing".

Fear not, at least not yet

Like most craig, im just a frustrated teddy bear and crave success with our team, i would like walter to go out with a bang at the end of the season and just have a fear that if we dont add to our squad that we may suffer the way walter did in his final season during the 9IAR era and leaves with nothing.

This has to be the season for us where we do go and secure 3IAR and give the gaffer the mother of all send offs :)

Edited by Gers4Life