Umbro, JJB - both terrible pieces of business. The club went on about the reductions in costs when the JJB deal was announced, but the income is also noticeable too.

There hasn't really been a massive difference to the club's balance sheets since JJB deal. The really big difference has been the quality of product on offer to the fans. Primark has better quality of merchandise,ffs.

Edit: Two years before the JJB deal started, Rangers merchandise income was the 2nd biggest in The UK and 5th in Europe. It just goes to show the JJB deal was lazy.

Umbro, JJB - both terrible pieces of business. The club went on about the reductions in costs when the JJB deal was announced, but the income is also noticeable too.

There hasn't really been a massive difference to the club's balance sheets since JJB deal. The really big difference has been the quality of product on offer to the fans. Primark has better quality of merchandise,ffs.

Edit: Two years before the JJB deal started, Rangers merchandise income was the 2nd biggest in The UK and 5th in Europe. It just goes to show the JJB deal was lazy.

I agree with everything you say there. I hope there is some sort of clause to get us out of the deal with JJB. As this deal seems to entail we must take one of JJB's kit desginers and Umbro are the best out of a bad bunch. Champion iirc is another. Otherwise we are stuck with them for another 5 or 6 years :(.

I have only bought 3 kits since we went to Umbro. One at full price then 05/06 one seeing as I was going to Norway for a year had to show it off. The other 2 I bought on the cheap. I like most if not all the kits for 07/08 but I didn't get any. :(

There has been a big difference to the balance sheet following the JJB deal. What would have happened f we had been another �£15m in debt?

Our merchandising income may have been big (mainly due to the fact that we made our own strips?) but are we making less profit? I don't think so.

There has been a big difference to the balance sheet following the JJB deal. What would have happened f we had been another �£15m in debt?

Our merchandising income may have been big (mainly due to the fact that we made our own strips?) but are we making less profit? I don't think so.

The difference was a reduction in expenses the stores cost, the club's overall net expenditure wasn't that great a difference. The club has to cut back on staff costs i.e players! The income from The JJB deal factored into overall income was pretty much the same, give or take European involvement.

Why didn't the club looking to cut down on non profitable stores and the number of staff working in them? The Belfast store was always over staffed compared to the foot fall coming in. Coming from a retail background, for the life of me I cannot see why it's of any use when the we had decent service, decent quality and better choice of merchandise in the stores.

When stores under-perform the usual way is to make cut backs on areas that weren't working or look to improve the experience on offer. I'm no expert dude, but Rangers have never grasped the marketing concept too well.

Edited by Stimpy