Guest Flying Hippo
I find it strange that some they're not interested in him, but still felt that they had to open the thread, read it and add a post to it.

I guess playing a role in winning 2 league titles earns you no gratitude or respect these days.

"Once a Ranger, always a Ranger" obviously doesn't apply any more. :(

Thomson is no different to Amoruso, Numan, McCann, or Novo. A loyal servant who wanted to stay at the club but was pushed out the door. I have literally no idea why anyone would harbour ill-feeling towards him or adopt the snidey 'he's gone so i don't give a shit about him' stance

Edited by Flying Hippo

I find it strange that some they're not interested in him, but still felt that they had to open the thread, read it and add a post to it.

I guess playing a role in winning 2 league titles earns you no gratitude or respect these days.

"Once a Ranger, always a Ranger" obviously doesn't apply any more. :(

I've never bought into the "Once a Ranger, always a Rangers." Could you put Daniel Prodan into that bracket of "once a Ranger, always a Ranger"?

Yes it could be applied to certain players but a player who was here for 3 or so years? Absolutely not.

As for reading and replying to the opening post, it's a discussion forum. Why not?

Edited by Gazza_8

Thomson is no different to Amoruso, Numan, McCann, or Novo. A loyal servant who wanted to stay at the club but was pushed out the door. I have literally no idea why anyone would harbour ill-feeling towards him or adopt the snidey 'he's gone so i don't give a shit about him' stance

Who's harbouring and ill-feeling towards him? No one has said that they're glad he broke his leg or indeed slightly hurt himself etc etc. You're totally over-reacting!

He certainly wasn't pushed out any door , there was a contract waiting to be signed , because it wasn't what he was looking for is a different matter , just the same as Boyd , dont let the fact that we are financially rooked blinker your view that these guys were offered fortunes to stay , the fact they went to the championship say's it all really , money over ambition and glory and they took money .

'

Guest Flying Hippo
He certainly wasn't pushed out any door , there was a contract waiting to be signed , because it wasn't what he was looking for is a different matter , just the same as Boyd , dont let the fact that we are financially rooked blinker your view that these guys were offered fortunes to stay , the fact they went to the championship say's it all really , money over ambition and glory and they took money .

'

Both Bain and Walter Smith claimed that he was sold because we couldn't offer him a new contract so i have literally no idea where you're getting this idea that Thomson rejected a contract offer

Guest Flying Hippo
Who's harbouring and ill-feeling towards him? No one has said that they're glad he broke his leg or indeed slightly hurt himself etc etc. You're totally over-reacting!

A remark like "Kevin who" is pathetic in my eyes, but then again given what you say about Lafferty on a regular basis, it's hardly surprising

Edited by Flying Hippo

A remark like "Kevin who" is pathetic in my eyes, but then again given what you say about Lafferty on a regular basis, it's hardly surprising

Praising Lafferty like you do is pathetic in my eyes because he deserves not one jot of it.

Thomson was an OK player for us, nothing more. He means nothing to me now because he doesn't play for us anymore. I don't see why you're making such a big deal out of it.

Both Bain and Walter Smith claimed that he was sold because we couldn't offer him a new contract so i have literally no idea where you're getting this idea that Thomson rejected a contract offer

Perhaps we couldn't offer him a new contract because he wanted more than we could afford to give him.

Guest Flying Hippo
Praising Lafferty like you do is pathetic in my eyes because he deserves not one jot of it.

Thomson was an OK player for us, nothing more. He means nothing to me now because he doesn't play for us anymore. I don't see why you're making such a big deal out of it.

Because if i said "Kris who" after Boyd picked up a serious injury, you'd be straight on my back about it

I had a post deemed 'unhelpful' because i said that Boyd was now reduced to our history books but you don't understand how saying 'Kevin who' could be deemed snidey or harbouring ill feeling? Fair do's, we won't discuss it any further then

Because if i said "Kris who" after Boyd picked up a serious injury, you'd be straight on my back about it

I had a post deemed 'unhelpful' because i said that Boyd was now reduced to our history books

If you started a thread "Kris who" I definately wouldn't be on your or his back for that matter. I was a Boyd fan but he wasn't the best player we had. He was paid to score goals and that's exactly what he did. The rest of his game was utter shit if I'm honest.