Draw for the CL

I know it's not till next...Thursday is it, but wanted to discuss it now anyway. Looking at the seedings:

http://www.xs4all.nl/~kassiesa/bert/uefa/seedcl2010.html (near the bottom)

It seems if all of of Sevilla, Spurs, Bremen and Zenit go out in the qualifying stage, we're in pot 2 again. Not gonna happen I don't think despite Sevilla and Spurs' poor first leg results.

We'd prefer pot 2 because there are some humdingers of a draw we can get. I know a lot of you would rather lose to Inter than Sevilla, but serious humiliation could occur if we get Europe's heavyweights.

That said, there's a part of me that wants the glamour ties given how well we initially did in our last group of death (Barca, Lyon and Stuttgart). We'd expect less from such a hard group.

Real Madrid would be tasty. Some the world's best players and the 'special one' coming to Ibrox would be fantastic.

I don't hold out much hope for us in the CL so the bigger the better please.

Edited by Stimpy

Guest Northampton_loyalist

I want to be in pot three really, two top, top teams from one and two, hopefully real from pot 2 and a dogshit dross team from pot 4. We would get the glamour ties with no expectation, every point a bonus etc and a decent chance of dropping into the europa and a run to Dublin :spl:

Guest Flying Hippo
The fantasy world of the football fan!

We're going to get humped no matter who we draw.

Such optimism!

Whilst there's a reasonable chance we'll do as badly as last year, there's also a reasonable chance we'll have learned from those mistakes

The fantasy world of the football fan!

We're going to get humped no matter who we draw.

I suppose you think Lennon's 'Foreign Legion' will walk the Title as well then? I'm not going to say for one minute we will reach the last 16 and do this and that in Europe but what I would say is we would be struggling to be as bad at home this season in the Cl and our away performances were ok last season