Walter wants Chelsea and Real Madrid?

Guest Flying Hippo
He needs fekin certfied, Turkeys voting for Xmas, you couldn't fekin make it up, here's a hint....Unirea...

If he'd said he wanted an easy draw, you would've used the exact same example in order to criticise him

I would like either Real Madrid or Valencia from Pot 2. Or Roma could be an interesting one...

Pot 1 i think will be an English team - we have avoided them for a few campaigns now. Obviously thats not how it works but i think we are due one.

Pot 4 looks very mixed with teams co-eff's ranging from 6 through to 34! (provisionally of course) But still would like the worst of the pot - purely for the fact that despite the debacle last season (Unirea..) i still think we could get a result home and away.

If we get 3rd spot then i would be a happy bear! And if its 3rd spot with an exciting finish to the group stages...even better!

I'd rather have the bigger more glamorous teams than not, makes it even more special than it already is.......

I'm torn between this and a realistic chance of qualifying.

If we get Chelsea and Real, best we can get is 3rd. And I'd love to see us in the last 16, for financial and credibility reasons.

So it's for this reason I don't think I really have a preference at all and will take what we're given.

I'm torn between this and a realistic chance of qualifying.

If we get Chelsea and Real, best we can get is 3rd. And I'd love to see us in the last 16, for financial and credibility reasons.

So it's for this reason I don't think I really have a preference at all and will take what we're given.

Yeah, that's kinda how I feel. I said a few days ago, if we're gonna get pumped it might as well be by the best, a team like Madrid would be fantastic, but the prestige of going a bit further or even getting into the Europa league, along wit the finances would be nice.

I do feel though that the squad is still light and another season like the one that culminated in Manchester would be too much and would comprimise our league challenge, which has to be the priority.

Would be great to see Mourinho's face when we beat them at the Bernabau though :spl:

Guest Flying Hippo
Yeah, that's kinda how I feel. I said a few days ago, if we're gonna get pumped it might as well be by the best, a team like Madrid would be fantastic, but the prestige of going a bit further or even getting into the Europa league, along wit the finances would be nice.

I do feel though that the squad is still light and another season like the one that culminated in Manchester would be too much and would comprimise our league challenge, which has to be the priority.

Would be great to see Mourinho's face when we beat them at the Bernabau though :spl:

Yeah our squad is nowhere near strong enough (or good enough) to cope with a European run like in 07/08. If we can't finish 1st or 2nd, i'm not particularly interested in European football after Christmas